Should we change the rankings  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change the rankings

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes the GB ranks don't make sense. (anyone over 1k in post is supposed to have custom ranks) anyways this is the GB ranking system:

Bantha Fodder (Minimum Posts: 0)

Pit Droid (Minimum Posts: 50)

Sith Probe Droid (Minimum Posts: 100)

Battle Droid (Minimum Posts: 150)

Ewok (Minimum Posts: 200)

Tusken Raider (Minimum Posts: 250)

Wampa (Minimum Posts: 300)

Jawa (Minimum Posts: 350)

Gungan (Minimum Posts: 400)

Bantha (Minimum Posts: 450)

Wookiee (Minimum Posts: 500)

Noghri (Minimum Posts: 550)

Rancor (Minimum Posts: 600)

Stormtrooper (Minimum Posts: 650)

Sith (Minimum Posts: 700)

Sith Lord (Minimum Posts: 750)

Jedi (Minimum Posts: 800)

Jedi Master (Minimum Posts: 900)

Guest George the Armadillo

i think they sabotaged me and gunner because we were winning by a huge margin when there was that popularity contest thread here like more than a year ago.

All the forums started out with the GB.com rank titles, even the adventure boards (people were pretty mad about that). The LF.com admins just haven't gotten around to change the titles for every board yet. Does this help at all? I imagine you'll be getting your own ranking system soon. Also, the custom title policy is different for every board, and the rules have to be set by the admins first.

of course my lower post count user replaced both of my higher ones...my access to the provo section at rsn got removed and my name got pulled form the mod list on the passcode section....not to mention I've been told its fixed like 3 times now and its not. :mad:

Heh, The only reason their averages are up is because they registered very recently. My average is down to about 4.5 or something per day, because my account is from August when I joined the Escapemi.com boards to complain about something, and I didn't post for about 2 months afterwards.

I didn't become a regular there until Mixnmojo.com crashed and my regular boards went with it, so my average took a hit from that. Since LF.com started this week, I'd say I'm at a brisk 25-50 posts a day, however.

I have seen guys who have been on the boards for 6 months and have 3000 posts. I'm like dang...

I slowed down for awhile since no one is usually on while i am but now that it's one big unit there is always someone to talk to so I'm sure I will be around more.

How are ya Metallus?

On the other hand...

How many of those people with huge post-per-day averages are really posting anything worth reading? I'm sure a huge chunk of thier daily output has to be pure spam or worse. :rolleyes:

Personally,.. I've always tried to go for quality, not quantity in posting... post-counts be damnned!

Your absolutly right ed. I have seen peeps post and 2 minutes later post again instead of just editing the previous post.

Most look like this....

Do you play xxxxxx?

2 minutes later, new post......

How about this game xxxxxx...

If there are 4 posts in between maybe, but when there are no posts in between where someone might miss something I can see but come on, why post again just to add two words.

Lamers.

:D

Archived