Are Raven interacting with us enough  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are Raven interacting with us enough

• Yes they talk to us an awful lot
    • Yeh
    • Decent
    • No
    • I have never even seen them post.. terrible
    • Who are Raven? Who am I? Why am i clicknig this?

You really can't compare a MMORPG to a typical FPS. Obviously MMORPGS are going to need a lot of user input and beta testing.

Raven doesn't have to post here at all. Them doing so at all is a nice thing. Far better than ever before... *cough* Obi-Wan *cough*. And even if they don't post, you can be sure that they check this place out. It's a step in the right direction, and I think we'll see more activity in the future when it gets closer to release.

Looks like the game is coming along great without a ton of user input, anyway. :)

I voted No. I have only seen one of them post. Ever. However, even if they never reply, I would hope they at least read our suggestions. I'd like to see a Raven employee prove me wrong :D User input is very important. Afterall, they are the people Raven is making the game for. More user input would mean more features/better features and a better game, making more money.

I think the problem is that Raven are working to a pretty tight schedule, whereas some other Star Wars games seem to have much longer development times. I've seen a couple of Raven-Devs posting, and their posts have been very informative.

Also keep in mind that LEC is controlling what information can and cannot be released, so the Raven-Devs have to be a bit careful what they say.

I think they've done a good job so far, and I'm sure that as we get closer to the release date, they will start posting more. ;)

Techinically, that's not true. I can give you the information that I ate a cheeseburger for lunch, or that my daughter's school has been closed until sometime in January because of 'mold infestation', and no one can stop me :p

But yes, as time allows we read, we consider, we even occasionally integrate- we just don't always say anything about it.

MRJ

Everyone at Raven have been dropping by the forums, updating their plans, sending in mailbag responses, etc since JKII was officially announced. That's something you shouldn't take too lightly as some companies don't interact at all with thier gaming community. Granted we would love to see more Raven participation on the forum, we all also want them finishing the game by Spring 2002. A few weeks ago, Raven and LEC held a chat exclusive to our game.

Honestly, are there really any questions that haven't been answered yet? If you keep up with the features and forums, you probably know all there is to know at this point.

Yes they are participating fine.

They are employed to make the game good, not to sit around answering our questions all day. Even when they do post, people start crowding round wanting to know more.

give people an inch and they'll take a mile.

wardz

We've been reading the message boards and contributing where and when we can. There are certain restrictions we have to abide by in terms of time and logistics, but we do drop by to see what the hot topics are. I wish we could be around more, but we do have a game to develop... :)

Sorry if you're disappointed with our level of interaction. We're trying our best!

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Project Administrator

Raven Software

Wow... I didn't know u were part of Raven.... I was jsut seeing what people think not exactly a complaint but We'll get all the new stuff on 16th of month.. right?

:D

THanks for answering and also do u take some of our ideas on board?

I didnt know either

Nice to hear from you that youv been reading

hey stormhammer bring a box full of jedi medallions here for KISS Army ;), and someone chage his rank, how can Kenn Hoekstra be bantha fodder? :)

Now people, dont start sending him thousands of questions, we dont want to scare him!

keep on developing, come here when you have time and hopefully give us some info :D

I know a video will be released soon

any hints of date? this friday, next week?

Originally posted by digl

hey stormhammer bring a box full of jedi medallions here for KISS Army ;)

I'll do better than that...

*hands over a golden key to secret chocolate Jedi Medallion facility*

There you go. You Raven guys have open access... ;)

Thanks for that, KISS Army. I think the majority of people here recognise and accept that you're really busy. I suspect you'll be entering Mega-Crunch mode (if you're not there already), so good luck to you all. I know you won't disappoint us. :cool:

Archived