Home

how do you become a mod

captain_drake

Guest Supreme Warlord

How many post would you need to become a mod? I would like to assume the position of a mod too like Captain Drake. GOod question Captain Drake I was thinking about it this morning. :)

Guest Supreme Warlord

I dont know crap about being a mod and so i am wondering what must you have in order to be a mod. Age Limit or something???!!! give us specific information man!!!!!!!!!!!:D

From my experience, in order to be a moderator, you must be mature, responsible and you need to know how to handle the authority given to you. You can't just ask to be a mod out of nowhere and expect it to be granted to you. You need to show that you are a consistent, reliable and amiable member with a good degree of maturity just to be even considered for the job. And that's only if more moda are needed.

I wonder how the hell I got in...? :rolleyes:

Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

I am well qualified to become a mod. unfortunately, I only moderate one underposted board.

Here are the requirements to become a mod, in order of importance:

1) Make good posts. Encourage intelligent discussion, not spamming. It's the best way to become a mod AND a valuable member here.

2) There has to be a demand. We don't promote mods for fun here, there must be positions open.

3) Be available. If you can only get online once a week, it's pretty pointless to promote you to moderator.

4) Type well. Although this is facultative, we favor people who use correct punctuation and grammar in their posts.

Im sure your right sherack... but euh.. even moderators make little typing mistakes or do not know how to type a difficult word correctly.... we all make mistakes with typing (we are only Human)

but i think you should look at the meaning of the posts.... not how it is typed.... But that is what i think.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Here are the requirements to become a mod, in order of importance:

1) Make good posts. Encourage intelligent discussion, not spamming. It's the best way to become a mod AND a valuable member here.

2) There has to be a demand. We don't promote mods for fun here, there must be positions open.

3) Be available. If you can only get online once a week, it's pretty pointless to promote you to moderator.

4) Type well. Although this is facultative, we favor people who use correct punctuation and grammar in their posts.

Check

Uh.....

Check

Check

:D j/k

Anyways, being a valuable forummer is just as good as being a mod. If we were all valuable forummers then we wouldn't need mods at all, and, as it is the mods don't do too much at all. I guess Rhett and Leo and Sherack scared off all the bad people in the beginning. ;)

Anyways, i'm no mod, but i like to consider myslef a valuable forummer, but i'm not looking for as much power as i can grab, i just come and have fun. And, to prove to you having posts or being old doesn't matter, i had the most posts on this forum, and i've been here the longest, and am only a little younger than Sherack, but i'm not a mod, but it doesn't get to me, why should it?

BTW you two, i'd give up on being a mod, cause, frankly, its not gonna happen, to you, or probably to anyone else for a while. Plus, in your last couple of posts as in others, you don't show much maturity or respect for the position. Being a mod isn't just something you do, and its definately not something you gain after a week or two on the boards.

I would love to become a moderator, even theres no way ill get to be one. I suck at grammar, I make ALOT of posts in a day (aka spam to some of you) and im on here TOO much instead of not enough, im on this forum about 3 or more hours a day......:)

P.S. It would still be nice to be quallified to become a mod. Cya:)

Archived