Home

Remi's official Best Albums Of The Year thread

Remi

Yes, the tradition continues, which albums do YOU consider to be the best of the year? Here's my list:

1. Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - How I Long To Feel That Summer In My Heart

2. R.E.M. - Reveal

3. Bob Dylan - Love And Theft

4. Ryan Adams - Gold

5. Travis - The Invisible Band

6. Harry Connick, Jr. - Songs I Heard

7. Pink Floyd - Echoes

8. Gorillaz - Gorillaz

Bah. New music. I still haven't caught up with all the old music, how do you expect me to seriously listen to anything new?

I've listened to The Invisible Band... I like it, but to be quite frank, it's a bit too... I don't know... Simple. Most of it lacks the lyrical depth I come to expect in music I rally love, although Dear Diary and The Train, for instance, show some potential here. The rest is nice (except for The Cage. I can't stand The Cage for some reason), some is downright good, but on the whole, I'll take any Radiohead album over that.

And another thing, why do people insist on comparing Travis to Radiohead? They have nothing in common but the producer, for heaven's sake.

Can't say I really dig Travis' lyrics either, but the music is nice enough. Radiohead is ok, nothing special. Out of anything new British music, I prefer Gorky's Zygotic Mynci and Mojave 3. Everybody should check them out. Now.

Archived