Home

Question for Site mods/staff......

CaptainRAVE

What new forums would you like to have....  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What new forums would you like to have....

• Story telling Forum
    • Role Playing Forum
    • Both
    • None

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

Exactly, the Swamp will get swamped. I dont mind who votes, but Id like to get the general opinion of the JK2 forums.

What do you mean the swamp will get swamped?

Those forums could never replace the swamp, they are totally different things

Guest X-Vector

Exactly, where's my "neither" option?

Alternatively, you could monicker it the "take your nerdy roleplaying and bardy storytelling and stick it where Sol doesn't shine, you bearded geeks" choice - now that would RULE.

I voted for none, simply because I wouldn't read or participate in either forum. Is it really necessary at this point to create an entire forum or two if it's only going to have a few posts?

I personally think it's too early in the game to see if this is needed. When the community gets massive, then we could judge if it's necessary to create these forums.

Anyway, if you do add these forums eventually (or even if you don't, I suppose), here is something you could do to better organize this place.

Keep Valley of the Jedi where it is, and rename that section of the forums (I'm talking about the gray bar with the white text directly above the VOTJ name) Jedi Knight II Discussion. You could also add the existing Strategy Center and a new forum, JKII-Related Tech Help to this section.

Then create a section called Community. Put The Swamp in there, and remove the "JKII topics allowed" part of the description (why do we need two separate forums for the same topic?). Add both of these new forums to it, as well as the Clan Recruiting forum.

The next section could be Editing Community. You could have General, Tips, and then various hosted mods/development groups (like Wired Lamp Studios) under this section.

Finally, there could be a new section called Communications. You could stick the existing Announcements forum in this. Also, you could create your admins-only LucasGames/Raven/LEC forum in there, and an all-important Site Feedback forum as well.

Just some stuff to think about, at least. I'm sure there are problems with my ideas and it got a bit off topic, but I figured I'd just put my two cents in here. When people start flocking here in a couple months, you're probably going to want a more organized message board. And if I sound like an ass or anything while posting this, I'm letting you know that that isn't it at all. Just a suggestion, no demands or anything like that. That would be stupid. You guys do enough for us as it is.

Can I ask 1 question here plz ??

How many of u will be playing and buying SW Galaxies ??

Right...........thats what I thought !

I like the idea of of having role playing and story forums but shouldn't they be part of a game like SWG ??

Raven and Lucasarts have gone to a lot of trouble in making JKII story driven and fine work it will be too. I would suggest that if members of this forum wish to express their creative talents then give 'em a place to do it and if they're any good could u plz sign up to SWG forums and inject some life, it seems to be a little sterile over there !:(

Archived