Home

The Year 2001

Young David

Tomorrow we will end the year that will be known as 2001. The year that kicked off in The Netherlands with a fire in café where hundreds of young people where packed, the year where a lot of cattle was slaughtered because of the Mouth and Foot dissease, the year where our crown prince announced that he was going to marry his fiancé Maxima.

2001 was also a year wich changed the course our lives were going. September 11 will be a day wich will be long remembered. It will remind us that we can be weak and hurt deeply into our civilization, but it also showed us that together we can be strong to heal the wounds. This year our world saw evil, the very worst of human nature.

2001 was also the year in wich this forum was born. It was the year where got our hands on Galactic Battlegrounds. It was the year where we all downloaded the Episode II trailers and watched them in the cinema. It was the year where Lord of The Rings was released.

2001 was a very diverse year. We've seen happines, we've seen sadness. One day from now we will end this year, to begin a new one.

Whatever 2002 may bring, it will be different than 2001. There will be happy moments, the will be sad moments. Some of us may lose friends, others may find new ones.

Whatever 2002 may bring, remember that you are part of it.

I wish you all a Happy New Year

Well then I'll just have to celebrate 24 times. One for each time zone. I'll have my Auld Lang Syne, and my fireworks ready. Up really early tommorrow never goin to go to sleep. I'll keep up my energy by party-hopping in the evening and drinking Dr. Pepper. Also a happy New Year to our global, english-speaking, gregorian calender reading community.

Archived