Home

Jedi Outcast Interview

KISS Army

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenn: There are seven active Force powers, including things like Force Jump, Mind Trick and Force Push along with some passive Force powers as well, such as your improving skill with the lightsaber and a form of Force sense. There will also be several powers unique to multiplayer.

In terms of game mechanics, how do the Force powers work - will players need to press combinations of keys or something similar?

Kenn: Active Force powers like Force Push and Jedi Mind Trick are bound to keys in the configuration menu. Passive Force powers like saber control and Jedi sense are part of the inherent game mechanics and don't require key bindings.

When will Jedi Knight II be on the shelves?

Kenn: March 2002.

-------------------------------------------

those are some of the things that interested me in the interview, most of it was stuff we knew but a few new things were in there...thanks for the link rat boy

"There are eight multi-level missions in the game, but because everything's not final and no one has sat down and played the game with a stopwatch, I have no idea what the length of the gameplay is in hours"

From that I assume there will be 9 pre-rendered cut-scenes (including intro and outro).

As it was said there will be over 20 levels, if you take 24 it makes 3 levels per mission...

"In the Holocron, Force Powers are practically the point of the game, as you can collect them from the map like weapons. If you have the Force Lightning Holocron, for instance, you will be the only player with that power in the game until you drop it or someone kills you and takes it from you."

Wow, I must say I'm gonna love this mode!

Lots of good stuff here. I'm gonna go ahead and list stuff that I personally didn't know before reading it or I just find it interesting.

• Three different saber styles that you learn over the course of the game
  • Eight different saber attacks
  • Seven Force powers that are active (i.e. Force jump, Force mind trick)
  • Several passive powers that you don't have control over, such as your saber skill increasin
  • Several unique Force power to multiplayer
  • Force powers are bound to keys, unlike Obi-Wan, where you have a force modification key to hold down
  • Eight multi-level missions
  • Holocron multiplayer mode, in which Force powers are around the map much like weapons are. You can pick one up and use it until someone kills you and takes it. Sounds awesome.
  • Specific maps will be made for multiplayer, not just singleplayer maps like in RTCW
  • It seems like there will be an expansion if the game sells well (and we know it will)
  • March 2002. It seems certain that they are going to hit this month for sure.

How does it feel to be working on a Star Wars game? Have you always been a fan of the movies?

Kenn: I never would have thought it possible when I started at Raven five years ago that we'd get a chance to work on a Star Wars game. As a huge fan of the films, comics, novels and the original Jedi Knight, it's a huge treat for me to be involved with such a fantastic project.

Its encouraging to hear that they actually played the game. :) :)

That sounds very interesting... three saber fighting styles! I wonder if they are like the mood styles for the AI... aggressive, defensive etc...

I wonder how the lock feature will work, there have been some bad examples of that in the past...

In the Holocron, Force Powers are practically the point of the game, as you can collect them from the map like weapons. If you have the Force Lightning Holocron, for instance, you will be the only player with that power in the game until you drop it or someone kills you and takes it from you.

UTish Runes?

Sounds like the sabre system is gonna be great; not too complex so that none of us can control it but with enough variety to make for interesting duels!!! I too am wondering about the sabre styles... I dont think they will be "aggressive" or "defensive" like Terminator mentioned. It would be cool if it were like martial arts and there were actually three different methods, but i think its gonna end up being beginner, medium and advanced.

Archived