Home

... and it's Indy

Remi

I enjoyed RTCW as well (although Medal of Honor comes out in Februrary: get it, it's superb) but i just think that kind of frag fest overkill would ruin Indy.

He's meant to be a smart guy who can think his way out of situations and that's half the fun. Part of the reason i didn't think RTCW was excellent was because it was so mindless.

Indy killed Nazi's when he had to. He ddn't go out of his way to kill someone. In both the Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade the Nazi's are attempting to get religous artefacts that will strengthen thier army and allow them to conquer the world. So, if Indy doesn't kill a few people along the way then the chances are he'll be killed and the world will become a dictatorship under Hitler. He generally prefers to knock people out than kill them, if he can. The only instance of him being a bit cold-blooded is when he shoots that guy with the sword in Raiders. However, that wasn't in the script, originally they did fight and the sword guy got killed because Indy was in a 'you-or-me' situation. The reason they did it like it was in the film is that Harrison Ford felt ill the day of that shoot, and wasn't up to a big fight scene.

Originally posted by LucasTones

originally they did fight and the sword guy got killed because Indy was in a 'you-or-me' situation. The reason they did it like it was in the film is that Harrison Ford felt ill the day of that shoot, and wasn't up to a big fight scene.

Yeah, he got disintery or something equally nasty, which meant he couldn't spent a lot of the time out of reach of a porta-loo

And LucasTones is absodootly right, Indy only killed when he had too, it wouldn't be right to turn him into a frag-machine, i just dont think thats how he works. He's, more often than not, a man of mercy.

indeed :)

for example indy couldve gone thru the trouble of searching for a Mauser before climbing onto that plane in Raiders. But rather he climbed aboard it without and then that bald strong mechanic came to him and he, ok with some protestive feelings, climbed down off the plane to put up his dukes..indy likes boxing :D (LC adventure game)

Indy's so cool because he's really not unbeatable tho he's just lucky a lotta times, why? Because he believes in whatever higher power there is in certain situations. Also he gets beat up a lot, he wins but never without getting so much beaten up. Half through each movie Indy already has several bruises and received many knuckle/fist hits against his mouth. His lips are always burst with blood and he gets punched in his stomach quite a lot too. And still he keeps going on! :D

Thirded, and carried.

The films are really funny as well - I mean, in the Last Crusade its hilarious when he jams that flag pole into that Nazi's spokes, and his bike blows up. He looks back, pleased that he's outwitted the Germans with a big grin. Sean Connery gives him a really reproving look, and then corrects his watch to adjust for the change in time zone.

all I said was that I wanted to see an Indiana Jones game with a different style than a copycat of Tomb Raider or Pitfall, first person shooter was merely a suggestion...but here is another one, if you guys are so against making a first person game, why not not make it into a Metal Gear Solid type game, where killing is an option, but not necessary at all times, where there are some puzzles, but not annoying and overwhelming ones that slow the game down and make it boring...

Darnn, yes that happened, accidently of course. But not out of his mouth but INTO his mouth..

It's at the scene where Indy stands high on the rocks and points a bazooka at the nazi's who are carrying the ark to a certain spot on that deserty island. So Indy aims his bazooka and yells: "Hellooo" or something. So Belloq and Indy get in a conversation and in one of the shots of the scene Belloq is in closeup. You can then clearly see a fly flying to Belloq's mouth. It first sits really short on his face near his mouth and then crawls inside. :D

didn't anyone else find it brilliant that one could make the action/fighting bits *optional* in FoA and Last Crusade? In FoA, they bluntly let u choose: fighting, teamwork, or thinking. In Last Crusade, u can avoid almost ALL fights by talking your way out of something. I think they should keep that in mind in creating a new game. Let the audience have some options as to how THEY want to play. That way it'll appeal to many more people, AND u can play the game in numerous ways, for excellent re-playability (is that a word?). Just my two cents. :)

~Eva

Archived