Home

JK2 -- How excited are you?

HitMan

Having read a thread in which Darth Lando sarcastically ;) talked about why he won't play JK2 (don't worry Lando, all taken in good spirit) I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where people can talk about how excited they are.

No specific details, just general thoughts and feelings.

I for one think the game is shaping up for classic status.

To quote Bon Jovi:

What you get ain't always what you see,

But satisfaction is guaranteed!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first heard about JK2 I was waken out of a mediocre feeling towards Star Wars games (due to Force Commander, Infernal Machine, Rebellion, Obiwan, ect). I am not saying those games sucked, I just feel they weren't what they could/should have been.

In just a few months I have become very excited about the game. Even so far as to start editing Quake 3 and drafting up a 9 level Star Wars story following one persons path from being persecuted, to becoming a persecuter (bounty hunter) to helping the persecuted. :D

I haven't played Elite Force (I played the demo and liked it however) and I have heard good things about the game so I have confidence in Raven doing a good job.

And secretly I am hoping Raven is way ahead of schedule and going to release the game in Febuary as a "surprise". Oh well, I can dream can't I? :D

How excited?

Let's put it this way: If I check into BestBuy in March24-March25 and the game is not there, I seriously am going to kick the BestBuy manager's @$$ and destroy the store. :D

YOU DAMN RIGHT I'M EXCITED!! YEAH!!! I RATHER STAND IN LONG LINE TO MISS A SCHOOLDAY TO GET JEDI KNIGHT 2 AND I RATHER FAIL MY FINALS TO PLAY THE FRIGGIN' GAME!! YEAH!!! :)

Super-Saber-Fragalistic-soon-to-be-in-my-hands...

sums up my feelings ;)

if lucasarts screws this game up by releasing it early or anything, i will personally see that it is the end of their world ;)

j/k, but i will be so ludicrously let down and pissed off that i may spontaneously combust

hopefully jk2 will be released with the same quality jk1 had when it was released :) (jk1 had a v.1.1 patch which fixed a prob with a few joysticks, not a gameplay patch :) )

Literally:

I am so excited, that when I see new screenshots, I jump up and down, and say "OMG OMG OMG JK2 R0XORZ OMG OMG SWWET OMGOMGJ DSKFJSADKFJASDFKJASDFJASDKJFS WEEE OMG AWESOME OMG OMG OMG WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!".

I am REALLY excited!

Originally posted by Vagabond

I'd measure my level of excitement as being roughly equivalent to a metric gob.

I envy your sarcastic abilities.

How exited am I? Let's just put it this way. I'm replaying the DF series avidly enough that last night I had a dream that I was battling a Dark Trooper that was vivid enough that I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep because the feel of the battle was still on me.

Originally posted by Scav

Your finals are in March? Mine are on Friday.

My finals are the three middle days this week. Fortunately we have a 3-day weekend on both ends. :cool: Thursday is my Spanish final which I am REALLY not looking forward to. Oral presentation. Memorized. I started memorizing it this afternoon. :rolleyes: It's a good thing I have a good memory for details.

Originally posted by StarScrap

My finals are the three middle days this week. Fortunately we have a 3-day weekend on both ends. :cool: Thursday is my Spanish final which I am REALLY not looking forward to. Oral presentation. Memorized. I started memorizing it this afternoon. :rolleyes: It's a good thing I have a good memory for details.

This week --

Today: Computer Science final 200 questions

Tomorrow: Physics

Thursday: Math and German (yes oral AND written, oral IS memorized...8 sentences :))

Friday: EENNGGLLISSHH damnit 2 finals for this subject...our teacher is very crazy

Originally posted by Darth_Lando

When I first heard about JK2 I was waken out of a mediocre feeling towards Star Wars games (due to Force Commander, Infernal Machine, Rebellion, Obiwan, ect). I am not saying those games sucked, I just feel they weren't what they could/should have been.

Small not very important point, but last time i checked, Infernal Machine was NOT a Star Wars game.

Originally posted by Raxius

Small not very important point, but last time i checked, Infernal Machine was NOT a Star Wars game.

Funny, I thought the exact same thing.

BTW, Saberpro, how long have you been taking German? My spanish presentation is more essay form. I think exact is 2 minutes, to the second. Not that two minutes is long, unless you're speaking in a language you don't know well. :D

Originally posted by StarScrap

Funny, I thought the exact same thing.

BTW, Saberpro, how long have you been taking German? My spanish presentation is more essay form. I think exact is 2 minutes, to the second. Not that two minutes is long, unless you're speaking in a language you don't know well. :D

2 years of German so far, cuz I finished my French course (4 years)...we had to describe a vacation trip, using past tense and chapter vocabs... :eek: crap i gotta finish up that little paragraph...

Archived