Home

@!!*@&*#*&!!!?

Metallus

Gah, this evening, to my dismay, I pulled out Grim Fandango Disk 1, only to find a large crack in it! Years of wear and tear finally took their toll on the flimsy cardboard shell that contains the game disks, and now I'll have to purchase the game again. Oh well, I guess LEC will make some money on GF after all ;P.

hehe, with those carton cd holders, I always remove the cds from it and put the carton in a special storage box. Then I place the cds in an empty jewelcase. That way the cd is better secured. Plus the carton doesn't get damaged, cause especially those carton cd holders wear off at the edges REALLY fast. And I'm a maniac when it comes to keeping LucasArts stuff in top condition :) NO ONE can touch my gameboxes on my room hehe NO ONE :) Ok I'm dramatic, but it's just an obsession I guess ;) But a nice one :D

Originally posted by Flynn_17

Everything (or nearly everything) comes in DVD packaging in the UK now. Its like some kind of disease......*takes a sandwich out of its DVD case*

Thank god for that - nostalgia aside, those big boxes were awful, i mean MI4 consisted of a single CD case but had huge packaging. What's the point?

originally it was thought that the bigger box you had, the more eye-catching it would be, and the more sales you'd get, but the DVD boxes are so much nicer

Originally posted by Lemon Head

Thank god for that - nostalgia aside, those big boxes were awful, i mean MI4 consisted of a single CD case but had huge packaging. What's the point?

originally it was thought that the bigger box you had, the more eye-catching it would be, and the more sales you'd get, but the DVD boxes are so much nicer

Ugh, I hate those DVD boxes - with a passion!! The next-to-empty MI4 box just demonstrated that LEC couldn't be arsed, more than anything else. But most of the games I tend to buy actually had a manual worth reading and something a little extra before those DVD boxes came along.

I wouldn't mind if the games had actually gone down in price accordingly (less storage space, cheaper packaging, less extra junk to put in the boxes), but since they haven't, cuss. Down with this sort of thing. (Careful now)

LemonHead, por favor....

Rrghh..híjole, dvd boxes aren't as cool as original game boxes :)

i mean, the original gameboxes are so much cooler hehe, hmm i just said the same twice didnt i :)

anyway what i'd like to see are games packed in original gameboxes with inside a dvdpackage instead of jewelcases :D Now that'd be something ;)

Come on, they've never give away anything of any consequence in games for years (except possible Ultima Online). I admit the box art is nicer when it's all big, but the waste of space is so frustrating, if you could get the look of a box onto the convenience of a DVD package - i'd be happy

Yearh!!! I hate when it happends!!! If was the one who had made the game, I would have given you a ney CD right away, if you still had the box, where the game was in... I love adventure gaming, and when my Star Control 3 CD broke (before I had completed the game), I just got SO ANGRY, that I nearly was ready to kill to get it back!!! :mad: Hehe........ But I just bought a new copy for only about 7$...... :D

But I don't know what I would do, if I lost my GF cd..... I could maybe buy it over the internet, 'cause I cant but it in any shop in Denmark!!!

• 4 years later...

Archived