Home

Hanging off walls

Angel_101

Does anyone think it would be cool to be able to hang off walls in jk2?It was something i always wanted in jedi knight but sadly it wasnt in there.It would be cool to grab onto a ledge if someone pushed you off because i really got annoyed at times when i just fell to my death and couldnt really do anything.

Actually I would love to have that feature. A very big problem in quake 3 and EF was that you can just fall of a ledge without grabbing on or anything. Also if you can't reach a place, jumping up to it and then grabbing onto the ledge would be helpful

Originally posted by OnlyOneCanoli

I think that would be an awesome feature, but not really necessary. I played MGS2 for the first time yesterday, and it had this feature. You could hang off of ledges so enemies couldn't see you. It's pretty cool, but there really isn't much of a need for it in JKII, imo.

Right, there's still a big difference between MGS and the sneaky approach in pfs....

One is sneaky, and the other is bangbommbang sneaky...:D

raven has stated that it wouldn't be included partially due to the awkwardness of it in firstperson mode

personally i hope it won't be included, because in FPSers, to avoid fire, you must hop off ledges, etc. quickly, and getting tangled up in 'hanging mode' would probably get you killed.

if they do include it, i hope you can switch it on and off because i remember it was always a hassel for me in the fallen, a ST adventure game using the UT engine.

Hangin off ledges could be fun in MP.

They could easily make a 3rd person autoview such as with the lightsaber.

After a while though people in MP will know where all the "hanging" spots are and be sure to check them and/or people would hide by hanging off ledges thus prolonging the game (if played in rounds).

Yeah, it could be suicide, but it could also be helpful. Imagine if you will: you're gonna die, and you're on the run...you run around a corner, jump down a ledge but hang on....the guy chasing you could think you fell off, and then go about his business.

Archived