Home

da best way to get a demo!!!!!

sanpilou

Good idea, FinnSon :)

I don't suppose it'll do much good, but here goes -

Attn: Raven/LEC -

I for one would really like to know if we are going to get a playable demo before Easter, or after - any kind of date (even vague...) is good - then I can concentrate on other things until then... ;)

I doubt Raven would change the game any based on any of our suggestions. This isn't a bad thing. We are way behind on ideas compared to Raven. As the developers said, what we worry about here, Raven guys already worried about and solved several months ago. The fact that the game is pretty close to release combined with well derserved confidence in the development team, lead me to believe that there won't be anything we want to change anyways. If there does happen to be something that needs to be changed, mods or official patches should take care of it. I just don't think the first release of the game (before patches/mods) will change because of what we say.

It may be, however, that if we complain, moan, groan, whine, threaten, cry enough, that LEC will let us know when the demo is coming out. I hope for a demo before release to hold me over before the full version is released. Only time will tell...

Originally posted by Sturmgewehr

I doubt Raven would change the game any based on any of our suggestions. This isn't a bad thing. We are way behind on ideas compared to Raven. ...

I disagree. personally, I think a lot of time developers obtain very good ideas from listening to the community. You'll see :)

I agree with Gonk. However, I am sure that many of our concerns were thought of months ago, but time after time developers have said they listen to our ideas and respond. It would make sense that they would since we are the fan base. I mean, we definitely bring up good points (such as the lack of fists as a weapon). I'm sure that they don't consider our comments as much this late in development, but does it hurt to try?

Swoosh

I'm going to post here, not because I think it'll do any good, but because I want a demo so damn much.

Unless you're as nit-picky as Valve (who have scrapped and re-designed TF2 MORE THAN TWICE), than a pre-release demo would be a great idea. In order to make sure your netcode, gameplay elements and just general fun rating works on a global scale, a pre-release MP demo would be the answer. There would be great feedback from all maners of e-mail and review sites that would help prevent you making a blundering mistake that could ruin sales and the popularity of the game. I am aware this is what beta testing is for, but beta testers jobs are to report bugs, not which parts of the game are well-designed or fun. Ask the public, and you shall get a response worth heeding.[/my2cents]

Raven and LucasArts, could you please release a small demo, including:

A few weapons

A few force powers

One or two multiplayer levels

One or two single player levels (maybe that one from E3 last year?)

And if your in a generous mood add a bot or two.

Your fan,

Sithcloak

i also want a movie. a large movie say 20mb...or more hehe. when Obi-wan was in development for the PC they release this nice quicktime trailer, anyone else remember it? i still have it on my hard drive. i hope thyis release something along the lines of this.

Archived