Home

How to make an avatar??

CaptainRAVE

You make one just like you would any other graphic. My avatar is a little smaller than the actual size you can use because I originally created it as a buddy icon for AOL.

If you know how to use Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop or something you should be fine. After you're done with it there is an option to browse your hard drive for your avatar under your settings.

yep...Sometimes I have to scale down the colors on several of the avatars I've made and edited *points to sig* Ocassionally down to 63 colors (looked really grainy most of the time)

But If your just going to do a .jpg image don't worry they fit with lots of room to spare. .gifs are the only problem...

Thanks Rave.

I got a picture, turned it into 70 by 60 pixels, decreased the size to 12k, and turned it into a jpg file.

However, whenever I try to upload the picture it keeps saying, "avatars must be under 20k, please make sure your picture is not too big" Or something like that.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make it fit? Everything is under the required size...

Thanks.

Guest Krayt Tion

I don't usually comment but that is an awesome avatar Silent_Thunder... excellent tribute to the Dark Trooper, right up my alley. Where is it from if you don't mind me askin'?

I got the Dark Trooper icon from Darth fergie's website :). He has some really cool ones, and it was hard to make up my mind, but a Dark Trooper fits my style best, so I picked that one. You should check out his site, it hase some really good ones.

I plan on keeping that icon untill someone tells me how to put my own up :mad: .

And BTW, it is a jpg file, so that's not a problem.

Archived