Home

Massassi's new screens

GonkH8er

Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon

shadows also add so much more depth into it.

I agree, shadows are more important than most people realise, they add to character realism and 'solidity'.

This is why the inconsistent appearance of this feature in the new screenshots irks me a bit; we get full shadows in the 'ponytail' shot, a (very) faint blob shadow in the Rodian pic and none whatsoever under the X-Wing - stationary objects require no shadows?

Is this inconsistency to blame on the unfinished nature of the build that was used to take the shots from?

Is this inconsistency to blame on the unfinished nature of the build that was used to take the shots from?

Perhaps partially. Many of the shots we have already seen have been taken from different builds and I remember that some Raven developer sayed there was problems with these Quake 3 tencil shadows when they were applied like you can see in this screen. He didn't say though, will they try to correct them somehow or just publish the game with another form of shadowing like those blobs as default.

Originally posted by Vagabond

I like the look of the <a href="http://www.massassi.net/jk2/pcgameruk_1.jpg" target="_blank">X-wing</a> here, but the rear landing gear are in the wrong place. They're supposed to extend from the inside of the "intake nozzel". They appear to be just off-center toward the center of the fuselage instead. Small detail, but it bothers me. I put together one of the large, detailed X-Wing models, so I'm fairly familiar where all the parts are supposed to be.

But I love the look of the R5 droid...looks dead on!

You know, I e-mailed Raven about that months ago, when I first saw the other shot with the X-Wing in it. I'm surprised they didn't do anything about it. :confused:

Originally posted by Hannibal

Anyone notice the beautiful scorch mark left on the ground by the pony tail guy? I think the first time I play the game I'll get killed a lot looking at the scenery and the scorch marks.

Dang you!!!

Now it will be all your fault if I can't beat the first level because I start glancing at scenery and looking and the choped up wall and the charred ashes and curious welding jobs done by my lightsaber...

Originally posted by darthfergie

Dang you!!!

Now it will be all your fault if I can't beat the first level because I start glancing at scenery and looking and the choped up wall and the charred ashes and curious welding jobs done by my lightsaber...

You think the scenery gonna hold us back? Wait till we see other Jedi(with there lightsabers and force powers) fighting in the background.

*drools*

Originally posted by Executor32

Originally posted by Vagabond

I like the look of the X-wing here, but the rear landing gear are in the wrong place. They're supposed to extend from the inside of the "intake nozzel". They appear to be just off-center toward the center of the fuselage instead. Small detail, but it bothers me. I put together one of the large, detailed X-Wing models, so I'm fairly familiar where all the parts are supposed to be.

You know, I e-mailed Raven about that months ago, when I first saw the other shot with the X-Wing in it. I'm surprised they didn't do anything about it. :confused:

If its not a big deal then it will likely stay at very low priorty, unless they have some spare time, but since their trying to get it out in march 2 to 6 weeks those minor problems may be fixed iof nothing remotely bigger arrives

Originally posted by db6

Anyone notice the "blocks" as the outlines of the figures of the stormtrooper and the Rodian? I wonder if they will be removed in the final version?

db6

Umm.... anyone can fix that, with a good video card, just need to turn on FSAA.

Originally posted by Tap[RR]

Umm.... anyone can fix that, with a good video card, just need to turn on FSAA.

and even w/o fsaa, on higher resolutions or in deathmatch, no one gives a.... well lets just say that fluid graphics are the last thing on your mind as you are chasing someone down a corridor or sniping....

If you have read the PC ZONE preview (March 2002), they daid that Raven have converted some of the levels from Jedi Knight and done them up for Outcast. If this is true, which I'm sure it is, (why would they lie?) then I suspect that this shot may well be Bespin Mining Station. If that has been converted then I really hope that levels such as Canyon Oasis are in there too :)

Originally posted by The_One

If you have read the PC ZONE preview (March 2002), they daid that Raven have converted some of the levels from Jedi Knight and done them up for Outcast. If this is true, which I'm sure it is, (why would they lie?) then I suspect that this shot may well be Bespin Mining Station. If that has been converted then I really hope that levels such as Canyon Oasis are in there too :)

Well I dont remember reading that. But they did say there would be all of the Star Wars locations included AND EVERY lightsaber battle location which includes my favourite CLOUD CITY GANTRY :D.......there are also chopping off of hands mentioned, cant see where that fits into JK2 though....heh, maybe its a bonus level :D

Archived