Home

The end of the world is nigh ...

Young David

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

I think there are laws against that kind of thing...

Senator Lieberman is probably giggling uncontrollably right now...

Nope, not to my knowledge there isn't a law against making a game like that :) And I hope there won't be! We wouldn't have Freedom of Speak then

Freedom of speech? The goddamn guy is either a racist extremist or a Neo-Nazi. Letting a guy use the freedom of speech as an umbrella is kind of extreme for a country that loves itself for their 'power trough union', IMO.

Kvan, I'm close to being sick of the way you defend this guy! I am aware that my opinions here may make you sick, but what's the purpose of freedom of speech if it undemines the power trough unity policy. Myself, I am impressed with your ethnicity diversity (my school is 45% white, 25% asian, 25% hispanic, and the rest is "other", ..forgot the exact number), but saying stuff like "we cannot arrest this guy for racism because we love our country/rights" is just plain wrong. What krkode says is not "let's immobilize freedom of speech and arrest the guy", he's saying "this is racistic, arrest the guy" and "I know about the freedom of speech, but just limit it so that it doesn't allow Nazism".

Come on, this guy has to be a Nazi. The webpage yells "one empire, one race, one leader". I know that if you try to arrest him, he'll state that he was only joking and shield himself behind the F.O.S.. But what happened to "Power trough union"?

Taken from the site's Frequently Asked Questions:

10.) Q.)Why do you advertise "Realistic Negro Sounds" and then only have monkey and ape sounds?

A.)Because it's funny.

:hurl:

Come on, what's wrong with the different ethnicities? Come on, on my school the asians are just the coolest people.. heh, I just love their eyes :D. Yes, hispanics aren't the best at English, but they're nice when you get to know them (or learn their language or when they learn your language. Hey, they're nice people). Jews are okay, except they've got all those names that makes my tongue burn out when I try to pronounce them (hey, that's my bad, not theirs ).

Guest SlashAndBurn

It is a sad world where a video game promotes that type of blatant racisim. But unfortunately it does fall under freedom of speech. HOWEVER there may be a catch that promises it wont be sold in stores (besides the fact that any store carrying it would be boycoted) and those are the anti-profanity laws. That gmae may not be legal to sell or display in a store due to the clauses of those laws(that any material deemed obscene by the majority of a comunity can have restrictions placed on its sale and distribution).

HOWEVER there may be a catch that promises it wont be sold in stores (besides the fact that any store carrying it would be boycoted) and those are the anti-profanity laws. That gmae may not be legal to sell or display in a store due to the clauses of those laws(that any material deemed obscene by the majority of a comunity can have restrictions placed on its sale and distribution).

Two things will get in the way of publishing to the stores: Publishers and economics.

To release a game to the stores, you must either find a company willing to sell it for you, or publish it yourself. The first one is impossible, for reasons I do not even need to mention, and self-publishing is expensive and can only be done by larger companies. So no, the game won't see the stores. Fortunately.

Archived