Home

Official SWGB Expansion Pack Idea Thread

mariners2001

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mariners2001

K, someone asked for it so here it is... List all bug fixes, new units, civilizations, and anything else you can think of. For me:

BUGS:

Wookiee carbon fix

Jedi/Sith Master heroes having ability to do everything a normal one can

UNITS:

Snow troopers

Scout troopers

Emperor's guards

*AT-AT's that can shoot air units*

Jabba the Hutt

Bib Fortuna

Senator Palpatine

Ree-yees

Normal civilians

Gamorrean pigs

Admiral Ackbar

*Mandalorian w/ability to actually use jetpack*

Nien Nunb

Jacen, Anakin, Jaina Solo

IG-88

Dengar

Borsk Fey'lya

Mon Mothma

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Padme

Grown Anakin Skywalker (not Darth Vader)

Mace Windu

All other Jedi Council

Jango Fett

Slave 1

CIVS:

Vong

Mon Calamari

I think that the AT-AT upgrade should be optional. It wouldn't be fair to other races if their assault mechs can't shoot air.

Originally posted by AzN_ProtocoL

but it suppose to shoot air:atat: --->>

not necessarily, AT-ATs were shown shooting and hitting the air speeders. These are by definition aircraft, but do not function above a certain alttitude which happens to place them directly in the vertical firing arc of an AT-AT's main guns. But Xwings and Ywings etc can fly at higher alttitudes (they are "starfighters" not speeders) therefor placing them at a fireing angle at which the AT-AT can target them. I realize that if a Xwing was strafing ground targets and Ywings were making bombing runs that they would at times fly at a "targetable" alttitude as well, but would spend the majority of their mission flights above that AT-AT firing arc. So perhaps AT-ATs could be upgraded to be able to fire at Air speeders, and 1 in 4 chance of hitting passing Xwings and Ywings (or other "starfighters" of other civs). just a thought.

ok guys im a little excited right now because

THEY'RE MAKIN AN X PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but im gunna try to keep calm

i think mon cals deffinately because they are well known to sw fans everywhere and ppl who just saw ROTJ knew acbar but had no idea what he was now they no

as for a second civ (i know this is probably never gunna happen but just for the heck of it) how bout a jedi strong civ like the kel dorians or even yodas race!!!!!:eek:

i also think the game lacks another ranking in the mounted trooper department those things kill!!!!!!!!!!

ok there are my 2 cents

masta out

I think the Hutt civ should be added for sure. Jawas could be the workers, and that would just be hilarious. With sand people and various other Tatooine inhabitants, the Hutt race would be a favorite. Unique unit? How about a bounty hunter that is good at more than just taking out jedis. Bounty hunters could be cheaper to build for the Hutt, too.

I also like the mon calamari race idea, too.

Originally posted by Sal Paradise

Jawas could be the workers, and that would just be hilarious.

Alright, I liked everything you said up until this point.

Jawas should be able to do more than just haul wood and nova. They are scavengers, pirates, thugs, and all around nice guys. They're highly under-rated as a species. They are not just robed rodents. They would be much more useful than just workers.

What I really think the hutt civ should have is random species units. Just like AoK's male and female workers, the hutts should have a few different species for each unit, thus making it more of a mercenary-type atmosphere for the hutts.

I'd like to see an IG-88 campaign, from when he breaks out of Holowan Laboratories, his takeover of that droid world, up to his destruction at endor. (ig-88 transfers himself to the death star's power core). that would be so cool!!

of course, it'd have to go against some of the storylines, like where fett kills him 3 times...

Originally posted by Eets'chula

Alright, I liked everything you said up until this point.

Jawas should be able to do more than just haul wood and nova. They are scavengers, pirates, thugs, and all around nice guys. They're highly under-rated as a species. They are not just robed rodents. They would be much more useful than just workers.

What I really think the hutt civ should have is random species units. Just like AoK's male and female workers, the hutts should have a few different species for each unit, thus making it more of a mercenary-type atmosphere for the hutts.

I don't know Eets, just because you're a bit biased towards the Jawas (Don't worry I like 'em too) doesn't mean we can just ignore the facts. The fact of the matter is, they would make GREAT workers for a Hutt Civ. The movies show Jawas being pushed around by pretty much everyone. Luke Shoos them away from his speeder, the stormtroopers slay them, Uncle owen verbally abates them, even the Tusken raiders are shown in episode 1 shooting at them. They are in fact lowly, and thought of as such by most of the galaxy. But maybe like the gungans they could be workers as well as some other special "military" units for the Hutt civ, like droid disablers or can a unit that can "take over " enemy mechs and such by garrisoning them into enemy mechs.

The Jawas weren't always like that. They were a peaceful, beautiful civilization long before the rise of the empire... But that's a different story.

I still think that the hutts would be better off having something else as workers. I mean, how many jawas did you see in jabba's palace?

The Jawas weren't always like that. They were a peaceful, beautiful civilization long before the rise of the empire... But that's a different story.

I still think that the hutts would be better off having something else as workers. I mean, how many jawas did you see in jabba's palace?

well, to be honest we didn't see many in Jabba's palace, but I'm not quite sure what else to use as a hutt worker....EXCEPT maybe a random droid. kinda like in AoE there were male and female workers. you could have a rag-tag, motley crue of droids. the first worker would be a R2 unit, next a Gonk droid, that a protocol droid etc. that may work. That is based of the movies than. of course it would make it hard to keep track of YOUR workers than (hutt's that is) :rolleyes:

That just gave me an idea for a hutt worker. You remember that one that told registered 3po? He'd be a perfect choice!

But I think we should reserve the random units thingy for the army units, or bounty hunters, or something.

Yeah that droid was great:

"Ah, new acquisitions"

"you are a protocol droid, are you not?"

"splendid, the master has been without an intepreter since he disintegrated the last one"

Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

ok guys im a little excited right now because

THEY'RE MAKIN AN X PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but im gunna try to keep calm

i think mon cals deffinately because they are well known to sw fans everywhere and ppl who just saw ROTJ knew acbar but had no idea what he was now they no

as for a second civ (i know this is probably never gunna happen but just for the heck of it) how bout a jedi strong civ like the kel dorians or even yodas race!!!!!:eek:

i also think the game lacks another ranking in the mounted trooper department those things kill!!!!!!!!!!

ok there are my 2 cents

masta out

That'd be really great, Yoda's race!!! :eek: (Not likely, but still a good idea)

And Mon Cal really should be in. Are you sure they're making an x-pack?

BTW, Masta, you always post intelligent things!!! That's great for this forum. ;)

Guest General Crespin

Ok I think Vong should be in just for the incredible matchup of them vs Trade Fed which are completely made up of droids!

Anyone else see a conflict there? hehe

Archived