Home

Full Throttle 2?

Spaff

Yeah, well if you think about it, when did LucasArts make all thier adventure games? When there was no new Star Wars movies. In about 4 or 5 years, after Episode III, we'll be back onto the original adventures. They just have to cash in on the movies whilst they are still new, you know?

Besides, they should combine the two - its an old arguement, but we make a good point.

I think it's silly to indiscriminantly hate Star Wars games. I mean, for every lemon, be it: Yoda Stories, Force Commander, or Obi-Wan, there's a Jedi Outcast, Tie Fighter, or Super Empire Strikes Back. Last year was definitely a kick in the teeth for adventure game fans, but I don't think LucasArts was at fault. With all those Star Wars releases last year, LEC was wrapping up it's Episode 1 stuff, and bridging the gap for the Episode 2 games.

However, 2001 was rough for adventurers in other ways which I think have contributed to the cynicism that exists today. The major reasons include AdventureGamers.com's disappearence, as well as the Mixnmojo network fiasco that lasted longer than anyone had feared it would. After all that, the mood was then (and still is to some extent), that LEC "had better make some damn adventures or else..."

Now, I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see a lot more adventure games from them, but I think it would have been stupid if LucasArts hadn't milked their exclusive liscence of Star Wars to the fullest potential. This year, it looks as if Simon Jeffrey is making good on his promise of 50/50 Star Wars/original releases, exactly as everyone said he wouldn't. We'll just have to see!

Originally posted by Monkeysee

And another thing, maby its not an adventure game at all...

CURSE YOUR BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Anyways, I like Lucastones idea of combining the two, or maybe all of them.... almost like an LEC RPG like that new Disney one with Square and Disney characters, only it would be SO MUCH cooler. Honestly, think about it.

i think you guys are reading way too much into the game crossover thing. :)

lucasarts always has little collage images on their website and Insider newsletters. They put random characters all over their sites. It's just surprising if there's an image unrelated to Star Wars ::grumble::

oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

~Eva

Im going to put 1:90 odds that their new game will include Aliens or Alien Culture.

4:6 That the game will be set in the future.

10:1 that the game will have a reference to cheese

3:1 That the game will have a Short arse in it.

1:120 That the game will be 3D

11:8 That the came will have a spaceship

2:1 Its the 2nd biggest computer game ive ever seen

5:2 There is a motorcycle in it.

2:1 It will need 2CDs.

Archived