Home

What actually came to pass in MOTS?

Qui-GONE Jinn

Yeah, I played Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and (now) Jedi outcast. So I also missed MotS. I don't see why it's so hard for people to just tell us what happened in it (It's not as if LucasArts are going to loose any money off it, heck I buy most of their adventure games too:)) Why is everyone getting uptight about it?

Kyle finds out about a Sith temple on Dromund Kaas(sp?) and goes to investigate. After a while, no one's heard from him, so Mara goes to find him. She finds there's a lot of evil stuff there(like really damn annoying zombies that shoot lightning at you... most people don't know you can use Pull to take their arms off, then they're easy), and eventually finds Kyle, who's been tempted by the temple's power and turned to the Dark Side. You have to fight at the heart of the temple, but he's invincible, so the only way to win is to turn off your saber and he won't have the heart to kill you. Game over.

The big deal was that you only played through 3 levels as Kyle, then switched to Mara Jade for the rest of the game. It had a brilliant sniper rifle, and levels that were far more 'alive' (with people, vehicles etc.) than JK. Or JO for that matter

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

It is where the Valley of the Jedi is introduced to us I believe.

Nope, Valley of the Jedi is the main driving premise for the darkside in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. It is the location where you fight Jerec at the end of the game.

i loved to play MotS. the levels were da sh!t :) (to the biggest part). the only thing that i disliked and which made the game bit bad were the ingame sequences. today stilll i like the rendered sequences used in jedi knight 1 more than ingame sequences used in jedi knight 2. and the ingame sequences used in MotS were really crappy, i felt like im playing rayman when i saw the floating arms of kyle. but apart from that: great game

The thing that I didn't like was that as an *expansion pack*, it played like a new game. Actually that wasn't really it ... it was that I *SHOULD* have started the MotS game the way I ended JK - as a Jedi Master, not as a wimpy low-level Jedi. Then after 5 levels you start from scratch with Mara ... I think Mara should have started at a higher level as well.

That is the same problem I had with JKII - Kyle, as a mercenary, should start with more firepower, or they should have explained it away (single line in the cutscene - "we should have brought more firepower" - would have done it).

I can't believe the Collectors Edition has only JK and not MotS! That is pretty lame! I'm glad I already have the full set (incl. Mac and PC versions of Dark Forces).

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Actually that wasn't really it ... it was that I *SHOULD* have started the MotS game the way I ended JK - as a Jedi Master, not as a wimpy low-level Jedi

Mike

don't you think the game would've been a little too cheap when you would've started as a jedi master? also, the force system used in MotS is different from the one in jedi knight, so its good to start as a low level jedi so can adjust better to the new and changed force powers. when playing a jedi master you would've to adjust to 10 new or changed forces at once, and because you started as a jedi master, the game would be harder as well. thus you couldn't keep up with the game and you would lose... maybe... maybe not... maybe all i wrote was crap, but i'm still of the opinion that it was a good choice of the developers to let you start as a low level jedi

Originally posted by CupO'Coffee

don't you think the game would've been a little too cheap when you would've started as a jedi master? also, the force system used in MotS is different from the one in jedi knight, so its good to start as a low level jedi so can adjust better to the new and changed force powers. when playing a jedi master you would've to adjust to 10 new or changed forces at once, and because you started as a jedi master, the game would be harder as well. thus you couldn't keep up with the game and you would lose... maybe... maybe not... maybe all i wrote was crap, but i'm still of the opinion that it was a good choice of the developers to let you start as a low level jedi

Perhaps ... I just know that when I bought the games (Fall 2000) they had them paired up. I played them one after the other, and still do. Based on that it seems you should not have to go back to the beginning ... well, at least you start with the saber ...

Mike

Archived