Home

Real Sabers (Jedi Academy)

JediSith999

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys i figured out how to make a real sabre =-) theoretically.....

k its not QUITE like in movies where there is only energy but imagine one of those lighttech ones BUT it gives of ( from blade ) say a gas of some sort that can be ignighted with a plasma thingy or whatever..... this gas would burn super fast so it will stay around edge and super hot so it cuts...... now this would do pretty much EVERYTHING that a sabre would except one problemo...... duels...... i am no x-pert at chemistry so help me out on what would happen if plasma-off-of-hard-blade hit plasma-off-of-hard-blade

P.S. rip off my ideas and die =-) :atat::jawa :jawa :jawa :jawa

I received my Viper Defender the other day (red blade to go with my custom Sith garb). I ordered it with the 3-point end cap that is available for the other hilts from Lightech. All I have to say is that I am extremely pleased with the quality of the saber.

To Dark Chao... Lightech does offer a Purple blade... however according to Mike the purple is discontinued so what he has in stock is all he's going to have (according to a friend that called yesterday with a ton of questions).

Mike also stated that the Double Extreme (light-staff) is in the process of being redesigned. He stated that the connector between the two hilts was too weak. He said that as soon as the redesign is finished it will appear on the main page. They are also redesigning the Defender with a bronze colored emitter. My buddy is waiting for the redesign of the light-staff before he orders (of course he also has to save up the money too), but we are already working on a couple of fight sequences.

Too everyone who has ordered/already has a saber fit for dueling, I trust you are having as much fun with it as I am.

BTW, in case there are those that don't know yet, the visual dictionary for AOTC, has a couple of pages focused on saber combat, including parry and attack diagrams.

forgive me for my ignorence, but where can that visual dictionary be found?

:amidala: give it to me anni! aha aha!

:vadar: and all the girls said i'm pretty fly -for a darth-guy!

edit: withOUT actually paying for it....

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting that Master Replicas Anakin saber sometime in July, but now I've seen Lightech!

Lightech is higher quality, but Master Replicas is only about half the cost!

I'M BEING TORN APART!!! :(

Anybody able to help me with this impassable dilemma? :(

bah i make my own lightsabers, and they are AMAZING.

sure they don't glo, but they only cost 5 bucks and it doesn't hurt when you get wacked. this is what i do

take a used driver (golf club) and take off the club part.

buy a pool noodle, the ones that come with holes down the middle

stick the noodle over the club, and secure with ductape and VOILA

you can bash people as hard as you want, swing as hard as you want, these things are light as heck and VERY durable. i fight with my friends all the time, i'm sure its WAY funner then fencing. i have 4 normal sabers, a double bladed one, and two shorter ones. its great. i love playing 4 on 1, its like the ladder exept real life

Lord that was a long thread! Anyway, I'm considering building my own saber, but can't seem to get to the yellowbox site (It's always down for an hour or two, due to exceeds in their bandwidth limit)...

I'd buy one; but considering I have like 20 bucks left in my bank account after buying JK2, and I'm only 15, so the cash doesn't exactly role in nicely. Does anyone have those instructions from yellowbox they could send me/post? If so, my email is: mythren@magiclink.com

Thanks...

Oh yeah, Demangel, you know of any place online that can give basic blade training in text, since I live in an extremely small town? I collect bladed weapons (Currently only have 2 daggers, and just added a 36 inch, Full Tang Katana with 420 Carbon steel...but I've basically taught myself everything I know so far [which is a surprising amount]...) I talked to a swordsman (or so he claimed to be...) in a shop in a bigger town about 100 miles or so from mine while I was there, and just happened to have my wooden-katana with me (I've since lost it...unfortuantly), but it was made of some extremely hard wood (I don't know the details, a friend purchased it for me as a gift), and he happened to have one, so we were messing around, and I easily beat him more than once.

I've also dueled with my cousin (crazily, admitted...and I have more than one scar on my chest, arms, and mostly fingers to show for it all heh) with my bladed weapons, and while he generally wins because he's a few years older and psychotically swings his claymore at me, I do get a few good parries and such in, but I'd really like to improve upon my training.

Of course, mainly, I want the stuff that's written on the Yellowbox site! :)

You know, I wanted to build my own (and I will, since I can currently afford it), but if it's not what I expect, my next paycheck WILL get me one of these...I just can't stand it.

I think - man...what am I REALLY gunna do with a saber that has no practical uses other than whacking against people/things - I'm gunna have fun :).

I KNOW that nobody within 200 miles of me will have one, so I might have to take a trip to England for a duel...:).

Guess I better start shopping if I'm really gunna do it - paycheck comes July 20th, and I'll wanna know EXACTLY what is the best quality and best suited for what I wanna do, as well as the most bang-for-the-buck, and the way they look.

I REALLY like the Echelon from Parksaber, but the Viper Defender from Lightech is just too neat, as well.

My head hurts...

ok guys, im gunna try and make some out of pvc - they'll be approx. 3 ft. long and will use studs at the ends so the dont look flat. ill take a 1"x3' piece of pvc pipe and wrap a piece thats 8 in. long and can slide over the blade - that'll be the handle - then ill make a count dooku saber with those pvc connectors that are at about a 140 degree angle - prolly cost 10-15$ - sound like a good idea? post back here

Just a shame that the laws of phisics (so far) would not allow you to turn a laser in on its-self there for creating a real blade.

The beam would go on continuesly. That sucks (put a hole through anything you point it at as soon as you turn it on.) :)

Anything cut short of a floating very reflevtive surface at the tip of the blade would not work. :(

My dreams have died.

Originally posted by malinkie

Just a shame that the laws of phisics (so far) would not allow you to turn a laser in on its-self there for creating a real blade.

Physics...

(I know I'm being an ass, but I just had the urge to say that :). Please don't take it personally in any way, shape, or form...)

However, I understand what he's trying to say, but he wrote it a little confusingly I believe. I think he's saying that there is, currently, noway to contrain the "laser" to a certain length, thus it would go on, seemingly, forever.

• 1 month later...

Archived