Home

your favorite adventure games

i used to love these, i think:

5. Neuromancer (at least i think it was good, but i lost the copy-protection "wheel of words" [oh, and the IIgs] so now i'll never know)

2. Freddy Farkis Frontier Pharmer.. er..

3. The Black Cauldron

4. that game with the dolphin who has to get back to Sea World to entertain the sick children

1. GOLD RUSH!!!

and I know i like:

1. Grim Fandango

2. Sam of the Max / Day and Tentacle

3. Monkey's Islands 3,2,1,4

4. England's Broken Swords adventures numbers (1) thru (2)

5. Quest for Glory 2,3,1,4 (-5)

6. Space Quest 3,2 / King's Quest 6,4,3

7. ______________________

8. Codename:Iceman (What was the police question?)

9. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (textiles)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your list doesn't look right, SamNMax, because you forgot Little Big Adventure 2: Twinsens Oddyssey. Shame on you. Shame on you all!!

I wasn't being harsh, anyway. I was saying that I hate (hate hate hate) Space Quest because I can't bloody do it.

Originally posted by LucasTones

Your list doesn't look right, SamNMax, because you forgot Little Big Adventure 2: Twinsens Oddyssey. Shame on you. Shame on you all!!

I wasn't being harsh, anyway. I was saying that I hate (hate hate hate) Space Quest because I can't bloody do it.

Never herd of 'em.

LucasArts make the best games, yes, but they make so few of them that aren't star wars that you have to play other games if you don't want to play the same ones over and over. Little Big Adventure (well, the 2nd one) is damn close to being the best game ever. It beats Full Throttle, and it beats Monkey Island 4, and in fact, its probably on a par with most of the LEC games. Grim Fandango and Monkey Island 2 are better than it, but if you haven't played it (its called Relentless in the USA) I suggest you do. Its a different style of game (ie, bit of action) but its really good fun, and theres a great story.

Originally posted by Gabez

Yes!! Someone actually agrees with me.

:):):)

It really is the best game ever. In 5 years no other game has even close to what The Last Express achieved.

Its just a shame that only a handful of people bought it, despite mostly glowing reviews.

Also I could not believe that PC Zone gave it only 72% - who are probably the best for PC reviews in the UK. But then, over a year after it was reviewed (14 issues passed) then:

The Last Express - Again

<summary from Issue 52>...How Wrong I was! The Last Express is simply one of the most breathtakingly well-written, well-designed, well-crafted & well presented adventures of recent times. The script is astonishingly intelligent & mature & is superbly written (and not just by computer game standards - it could easily stand against most TV or cinematic dramas). The characterisations are of such quality that you really come to care for these people. The puzzles are woven with such perfection into the story that there's never a moment when you feel something has been added gratuitously for the sake of gameplay.

I would urge any adventure fan to seek out The Last Express and enjoy its richness themselves. It doesn't deserve to be overlooked (as it was), and if I were scoring it now I could give it no less than 95%...<apologies>

I think in the end he said it better than anyone.

i wish icould play LBA 1 and 2, i bought them along time ago and they dont work on my computer,

and now everyone's bickering over the game makes me want to play it,

damn you, damn you all to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(goes off to his room to drink pepsi, to drown away his sorrows)

1. Myst (on cd, with a 1x cdrom on a mac)

2. Maniac Mansion (comodore 64)

3. Zak McKracken (comodore 64)

4. Monkey Island 1 (amiga)

5. Loom (amiga)

6. Monkey Island 2 (amiga)

7. Grim Fandango (pc)

8. The dig (amiga)

9. Full Throttle (pc)

Myst was at the time has been a breathtaking experience for me. Lucasarts pretty much rounds up the rest.

EDIT: I forgot LOOM!!!! and the systems on which I played those. Interesting has computers got more powerfull, adventures got less interesting...

Maniac Mansion because you could blow up the hamster in the microwave oven in the first version.:evil2:

Zak was amazing for the freedom feeling you had, the interactions and the humor.

Archived