Home

WIP: Count Dooku model (with cape ;) )

Luuke

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by remark 666

looks ok so far, more detail couldn't hurt though ;)

make sure to get that cape animated

i will do the chain that holds the cape around his neck. Count Dooku has not much more details to add, the rest is a question of textures i think.

and i think animating the cape can't be done without the right tools, sithlord-ii couldn't on his vader, and so can't i. sorry

the cape wasn' t even that bad on sithlord-ii's vader, it should be fine. good work. also, to get the model skinned and whatnot, go to spacermonkey's modeling tutorial, all your questions (most anyway) will be answered there: here

okay, a small update.

i am trying to put the textures on the model. this is the first human model i ever did and i think it came out very well, but i really hate doing texture maps, and putting already existing textures on the model is even worse. so if there is someone with more experience who can do it faster and wants to help (of course you'll get full credit and can beta test the model) send me or Garik Loran a personal message.

Garik will put up a new screenshot soon, so you can see the model is worth the work (i hope)

Dooku definatly didn't look fat in the movie. I'm not sure how old he's supposed to be in the film, but Christopher Lee just turned 80 (yesterday actually) and looks pretty fit for somebody in his 80's. Lee's a tall man with a large frame, definatly not fat

Looking great you two :D

It seems to me that the face tone is definatly too dark.

I would recommend changing the material in Milkshape to get a better look at things. Change the 'Emissive' color to 50% grey.

Then on to the skin. Since the actor is 80 years old, his skin should reflect that. Back in the day he may have had a nice tan, but he should have a much paler complexion. Expecially since he has embraced the Dark Side of the Force.

maybe we'll light up the face, but i want to wait until i put the textures of his clothes to the model. these are black, and so the face will look much brighter than seeing it against the untextured white of the model.

Originally posted by kman@polycount

Well, I saw the post from the Darth Maul wip. What all help did you need from me?

well, this is my very first model and i just can't get the textures onto the model. my problem is i only have milkshape3D and no matter how hard i tried i was never really satisfied with the textures, because they were stretched here or didn't fit there. i want to learn how to map with other programs, but don't have the time right now because i'm very busy with university. and i don't think the anyone - including me - wants to wait two month to get this model done. if you could put the textures onto the model i would be very grateful.

BTW, what program is good to make texturemaps?

Archived