Home

WIP: Count Dooku model (with cape ;) )

Luuke

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just gotten into JK2 modeling myself, it's fairly simple but one quesiton

How do you get certain MP chars with custom lightsabers? or are you replacing the saber model? and even then are there tutorials aon weapon replacements? i'll be searching but if you could tell me in advance thanks:D

Originally posted by agentj64

I've just gotten into JK2 modeling myself, it's fairly simple but one quesiton

How do you get certain MP chars with custom lightsabers? or are you replacing the saber model? and even then are there tutorials aon weapon replacements? i'll be searching but if you could tell me in advance thanks:D

by now it is just replacing the standard LIGHTSABER hilt, but i hope someone will make them selectable soon.

no, this model has not been canceled. but because of my bad luck, i can't skin any more at the moment. i hurt my right arm at sports, now i have a pulled muscle (my dictionary says that's the right word) and can hardly hold my mouse.

thanx to Kman the model is finished and unwrapped, so if there are some good skinners who want to try on the textures let me know!

I would be more than happy to skin this model. I have skinned for quite a while now, and I would be glad to help. If you are wondering "well i dunno are you a good skinner or do ya suck?" go to jk2files.com or jediknight.net or jedioutcast.com and look at the skins under my name You can be the judge :) Or just ask some one like sithlord ii, I made an alternate skin for his Exar Kun model , heheh e-mail me: omar_torresjr@hotmail.com

I'll send the skinmaps to omar_torres, so he can try it. I think his Vader skin was not really bad, and he wrote in an e-mail that Dooku is one of his favorites, so I'm sure he tries very hard.

And I love perfection, so if i am not satisfied I will help omar, that's what I did together with Luuke. And the old skin looked a lot like dooku, I think.

Don't worry. I think it will be a good one.

Originally posted by Oobedoob Benobi

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Archmv04

is he gona only use 1 hand when he swings the saber like in the movie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that is an animation thing. I don't believe that raven has released a way to create or edit animations.

yea well it IS an animation thing.. and they haven't released any tools to edit them... but theres no need for creating new 1 handed animations (and it'd be way too hard too)

they already are in there... theres two more stances in the game..

1handed blue and 1 handed red.. tavion and desann use em

needs some coding to enable them for MP... but its possible...

Here is how the face is coming along. I remapped the lining of his cape so It can be a different material. Keep in mind that the model itself would need to be changed for an ACCURATE likeness to be portrayed.

dooku4.jpg

Made him a bit more menacing, added 10-20 more years (about 100 left to go) gave him bigger sideburns and a fuller beard, changed the skin hood over his eye lids and lightened up his lips.

Q on his belt- is it a red tone or is it just a fine leather material?

nice to see that with all your projects you still found the time to continue your work on dooku. i really appreciate your work KMan.

the belt is just leather i think, light brown leather. but i only have one good pic, so if someone knows better please correct me.

next i will take a look at the model's head again and see if i can correct some things to make him look much more like dooku. i find it kind of hard to edit models just by imaginating the skin, so the newest pic will help me a lot to see what has to be done.

That was part of the question. It was my understanding that his cape lining is sort of a dark red velvety material. In that pic the belt piece appears to be the same tone as the cape liner. Either they are the same toned material or that person used a pretty crappy scanner.

Archived