Home

Qui-gon Jinn model

TEX360

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for your information, I'm not dying to play as Mace Windu. I was offering critique on his model. Based on what I have seen, and the suggestions I offered, his model is good so far.

You're so quick to "perfect" everyone's models just to feel better about yourself or something? Nothing is ever going to be perfect to you, then.

Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-

Anakin, find somewhere in my post that I said "please rush the model out I so can't wait 4 it" then I will be quiet.

Until then, stop playing the god damn 'defender of the boards'.

Where are your models?

And for your information, I'm not dying to play as Mace Windu. I was offering critique on his model. Based on what I have seen, and the suggestions I offered, his model is good so far.

You're so quick to "perfect" everyone's models just to feel better about yourself or something? Nothing is ever going to be perfect to you, then.

Hmm... overemotional? I think yes!

P.S.: Edit button... use it.

Toonces, thats lookin good:) Any one working on a quick skin to test the modeling accuracy? Perhaps Arco could do it.

The following pic is for his outfit....

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_1/Characters/Mace_Windu&image=macewind.jpg&img=&tt=

Try making his head less wide(especially from the ears up), and I think in proportion to his body you might want to make it a bit smaller.

Yeah, Arco is going to try and whip up a skin tommorow I think. I agree the head may be a little too wide, I'm gonna wait for the skin though to change that. I may make a few changes to the model to compensate for accuracy. I already made him a bit wider in the torso and waist. If I have time to work on it tonight

Yeah, the waist does need to be wider. Also, as Jedi_Anakin mentioned the tabards come down around the knees on Mace. Additionally, his boots are shorter in length to that of Qui-Gons and his belt should be placed lower, as his torso is longer.

edit: Also, the difference in torso(as far as the outfit is concerned) is far different than Qui Gons, and his tabbards do not extend past his waist in the back.

Anakin, find somewhere in my post that I said "please rush the model out I so can't wait 4 it" then I will be quiet.

Until then, stop playing the god damn 'defender of the boards'.

Where are your models?

Saying "he's perfect now," implies that you believe that it is as accurate as it can be. I may have been wrong, but that's how I read it. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "defending the boards," so perhaps you could clarify that as well?

And why don't you "find somewhere in my post where I said 'I'm the modeling expert, so I think you should do this.'" If anything, you were defending him there. I'm just making constructive criticism, same as many other people on this forum. When I said, "He's not perfect now," I was refering to you and your comments.

I'm not trying to "perfect" everyone's models. I'm offering constructive criticism, as I said earlier - and so are many others on the forum. I'm not doing it to feel better about myself, i'm doing it because a different perspective sometimes helps others to see things they didn't before. And I take that as a personal shot, so i'll just ignore it...

And don't take this as a flame, i'm only defending myself from your wild conclusions.

-Anakin

I don't take it as a flame, but I certainly don't appreciate you putting me in the same limelight as the idiots who come in here saying 'is the model done yet' 'is the model done yet'

I'm a damn modeller too. I map, I mod, I do everything for this game. I'm entitled to an opinion just like you, and don't ever make me out to be some god-forsaken newbie who wants a model before it's finished.

My point? What mods have you made? Other than make avicons for everyone here, I have yet to see you release anything. It would be just as easy for me to attack you on that, but we're even from your childish remark about me 'wanting the mace windu model'.

So, I was defending myself first.

I don't take it as a flame, but I certainly don't appreciate you putting me in the same limelight as the idiots who come in here saying 'is the model done yet' 'is the model done yet'

I'm a damn modeller too. I map, I mod, I do everything for this game. I'm entitled to an opinion just like you, and don't ever make me out to be some god-forsaken newbie who wants a model before it's finished.

My point? What mods have you made? Other than make avicons for everyone here, I have yet to see you release anything. It would be just as easy for me to attack you on that, but we're even from your childish remark about me 'wanting the mace windu model'.

So, I was defending myself first.

You've still missed my point. What I was saying is the way that your post was worded, it sounded like you just wanted to get it rushed so you could use it. And as I *said* in my last post, "I may be have been wrong." The interpretation there is: "If that's not what you meant, i'm sorry."

And now you're on to mods? Why do you keep bashing me? It's unecessary, and I fail to see that what I've released has to do with my opinions on this thread.

This is twice you've insulted me blatently, and I've yet to insult you. Insult me again, and i'll report you. I apologized to you in my last post, so what more do you want from me?

-Anakin

If you take anything I say as an insult, I feel very bad for you. Please, report me - I've done nothing wrong. All I have said is the obvious - you offer a great deal of criticism which isn't bad...but then again you go and bash my opinion just because I said it looked perfect. Apology accepted, now move on.

Sorry that it is insulting to you that the only thing you have contributed to the community is ideas. Perhaps you should pick up a modeling program and get to work then, so we can see what you are capable of?

Don't start with the 'stop insulting me crap' either. Pick up a modeling program and get to it. Everyone has to start somewhere.

o.k. Toonces now your scaring me! You have three models to juggle, and they all look great! I knew you were on a mace model, but I didnt expect you to be so far.

another quick note... I just released Qui-Gon VM3. It's my last version (because of the fine Qui-Gon model you guys are releasing!). Any how, check it out if you see it at JediFiles, or Jedi2.net. I know you are busy, so I'll leave you on this note. Keep rolling, dont stop! I cant handle seeing great work go un-released! Mars out!

If you take anything I say as an insult, I feel very bad for you. Please, report me - I've done nothing wrong. All I have said is the obvious - you offer a great deal of criticism which isn't bad...but then again you go and bash my opinion just because I said it looked perfect. Apology accepted, now move on.

Sorry that it is insulting to you that the only thing you have contributed to the community is ideas. Perhaps you should pick up a modeling program and get to work then, so we can see what you are capable of?

Don't start with the 'stop insulting me crap' either. Pick up a modeling program and get to it. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Me saying "it's not perfect," was not bashing you. That was *my* opinion. And it's not that I feel insulted that my only contribution has been ideas - it's that *you* are insulting me by constantly bringing up that fact. Again, I ask you what does it matter? I'm not criticizing anyone's ability, i'm only stating what I see as the differences between the actor or actress a model is based on and the model itself. You don't know modeling experience to do that. Why do you keep insisting that I start modeling?

And it's not "crap" - you've insulted or bashed me repeatedly and blatently, and I have kept my comments about you to myself. I will not tolerate any more insults or cracks at what I do or don't do (as far as creating things for the community goes). Now this is the 3rd time i've asked you. Next time your comments just get forwarded to a moderator.

I would like to say that JEDI_Anakin_S's constructive criticism looks like it has been of great help to moddellers here. there is nothing wrong with only contributing ideas to the community, as long as they are good and helpful ones. his ideas have been.

and chrono_MOT, although you have done lots for the community (as you stated - mapping, modding and modelling) does that make you a god to others that like to play the game? I thought you people did this more for personal enjoyment, otherwise, why do it?

also,

not everyone has the time, or the money. and before you say "gmax is free", remember you cant import with it and from what I have seen and heard it takes a while to find someone willing to import it for you.

I'll reserve my remarks, since I know you are TRYING to instigate me...

But Loki, in answer to your question all I HAVE is gmax. I'm about to fork out ANOTHER $20 just to get Milkshape, and any hopes of getting a decent modeling program are fading fast ^_^.

I don't have a god complex with anyone here Loki, I just get easily irritated by those who act like they can do better. If people would stop accusing everyone of stupid trivial **** so quickly, then I wouldn't get irritated so quickly. That's the reason why these boards have gone nowhere these days - someone says 'Oh this is good' and automatically gets accused of rushing the modeler.

Besides that, like I said Toonces. Fix the tabards, bring in the shoulders, and the model should be good. Other than that, when I said PERFECT, I was talking about the head. Does anyone else want to jump to conclusions now?

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

o.k. Toonces now your scaring me! You have three models to juggle, and they all look great! I knew you were on a mace model, but I didnt expect you to be so far.

another quick note... I just released Qui-Gon VM3. It's my last version (because of the fine Qui-Gon model you guys are releasing!). Any how, check it out if you see it at JediFiles, or Jedi2.net. I know you are busy, so I'll leave you on this note. Keep rolling, dont stop! I cant handle seeing great work go un-released! Mars out!

So are we gonna see a VM of this Qui-gon model? I was just wondering this, because your Qui-gon skins were very good considering the model limits. I'm kinda looking forward to what you can do when you are actually using a Qui-gon model.

Also i liked your Ki Adi Mundi skin a lot. :)

heh, settle down guys, I respect everybodys oppinion on here :) Chrono, Anakin_S, and Loki, you have all provided very helpful feedback in the past and when I hear from you three it speaks volumes :) Anyway, let me hijack this thread back a little ;)

Mars, I'll ask Tex if he can make an exception on Qui-Gon and let me send some flats out to you, I know you guys were talking about doing a skin a long time ago. Arco is only doing one of the CTF skins for him so perhaps we could get one of your skins in there as a CTF skin. As for Mace, since he's mine if you'd like to do a Red or Blue skin for him your more than welcome to :) I'll just make sure Arco doesn't mind and I'll send you out some flats. I'd make a big SDK out of him but I just wanna do a small three skin release. I'm going to do some more Jedi models after this so there will be plenty of more to skin :) I'm part of the aotc:tc guys as a charecter modeler, but I plan on releasing my models for people to skin :)

keo, Not that I don't beleive you (your the expert on Mace :D) but he doesn't have tabbards hanging down in the back? I can't seem to find any pics of his backside at all so I cant really tell, just double checking with ya.

Mariner, I think we're going to try and release Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together, I'll have to double check on that. Mace I'll release seprately

Loki, Thank you for your kind words :) I really enjoy doing Star Wars models, I'm not sure why. I especially enjoy modeling heads and faces. You may even see my own head on a Jedi model one day ;)

Anyway, I brought out Mace's waist, and dropped the belt a little further down to rest on his hips. I may have to bring his shoulders in a bit like you suggested Chrono, but I'm not going to do that until I have a waist size I like. I don't want to bring them in too far and have to bring them back out again. I'll definatly post some shots later on so you guys can crit :)

Archived