Home

The Return of Mara Jade

Edward Peretti

Originally posted by Edward Peretti

Vertex lighting does spoil her a little. Which is why I added more polys to the face. But She looks really nice as jan's role in single player. I'll see about posting some screens when I get home.

When you take those screens, I recommend trying to set r_overBrightBits to 0 (you'll have to do a vid_restart for it to take effect), this deactivates the overkill brightness effect on the textures ingame (which looks rather nice on walls and such, but it blurs the model skins too much). I personally think disabling this makes models look a thousand times better ingame.

-Remi

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Question, if I may.

Will the CTF versions have modified torso and leg skins like someone earlier requested, or will they be re-colors?

If possible, I would advocate making modified skins for the Imperial Red and Rebel Blue CTF versions.

If this is not possible, or convenient--then a re-color or whatnot would easily suffice.

Thanks.

Hi all,

The one last problem I have is the filesize. It's about 6 to 7 meg!! Most files are about 1 to 2 meg.

This is mainly due to the 4 "1024x1024" tga files included in the pack. If no uploading site will support it, I'll have to cut down the resolution by half, bearing in mind each texture represents the whole model, so you wouldn't be getting the most out of the texture at higher resolutions.

I'll finish testing and then see what happens.

Hi all,

The one last problem I have is the filesize. It's about 6 to 7 meg!! Most files are about 1 to 2 meg.

This is mainly due to the 4 "1024x1024" tga files included in the pack. If no uploading site will support it, I'll have to cut down the resolution by half, bearing in mind each texture represents the whole model, so you wouldn't be getting the most out of the texture at higher resolutions.

are you using shaders that require transparencies (alpha channels) on all 4 of those .tga files? if you some aren't transparent you should turn them into .jpg's.

Hi all,

I can host it on my site, the filesize is no problem. We just have to find a way to get it from your computer to mine.

So if you want me to host it just send me an e-mail and I'll tell you my icq number or give you an ftp accout, so you can upload it.

As soon as I get it I can upload it.

yep, I've put in template skin files.

Good point garak88 , I'll try JKii.net. Though I'll probably have to send it via my work email on monday. If they announce it, she should be released tomorrow!

Garik Loran: cheers. If all else fails with JKII.net I'll take up that offer of yours :)

So tonight I'll just test and prepare her for the release.

Release...tomorrow....filesize...only...seven megs...me have...broadband...vacation...no more wait... yay.

*ahem*

Please excuse this less than eloquent post. It is an error on my part, and has been redressed. The shock of this model's imminent release after all these months has stressed my circuits... er... that is to say... never mind.

Move along, move along. Nothing to see here.

I don't know this stuff very well (uploading and sites and so on) but I have seen "submit file" possibilities at http://www.jediknightii.net and http://www.jediknight2files.com. Just pointing these out 'cos I've downloaded files over 20 mb from there...

Sorry if I didn't get the point...

BTW: Just in case if I won't be here tomorrow: "Merry Christmas!";)

Archived