Home

My LEC Game Collection

SamNMax

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh...

Aprospos drama:

I bought almos all the games when they came out for PC. Yes, I bought Maniac Mansion 1 when it came out in the enhanced version (that box with the colored hippie kind of frame). After that I used to buy em all together with some friends cause we were pretty young and games were pretty expensive. So we splitet our copys like I used to get the box, the other one the manuals, etc.

(Dramatic enough so far?) After the years I lend like everything I had to guys never returned the stuff back. Now I am left with a "10 Adventures Box" a C-64 Zak Box, both Monkey wheels a Loom box and (hurray) at least The Dig, Full Throttle and Afterlife complete and mint. Fun thing is: I hate the Dig and FT... arrarrargh.

Now after all these years I find myself in desperate dedication to Lucasfilm Games (whos LucasArts anyways? :) ) and could shoot myself for beeing so unbelivable stupid treating the games that formed my childhood (nerd pride!) so bad...

Ah ****!

sorry

Casa

P.S. I had the limited edition of SW Screen Entertainment PC in the 6 sided box... I HAD... weak..

Is that a fact? I let the Dig soundtrack 'slip through my fingers' at $41 because the seller had contacted me and offered another copy of the CD for $40 + free airmail shipping. A genuine copy yes. It was because he didn't want to put up another auction.

Ha, well, I'll get my insurance copy of Zak, then all I'll need is the DOTT 3sided box (which I'm confident I will find within the year) to complete my collection.

Well, except for the Grim Fandango and Full Throttle CD's. But I can get the Throttle one, and someone somewhere will want to sell the Grim Soundtrack.

I hope.

Is that a fact? I let the Dig soundtrack 'slip through my fingers' at $41 because the seller had contacted me and offered another copy of the CD for $40 + free airmail shipping. A genuine copy yes. It was because he didn't want to put up another auction.

Ha, well, I'll get my insurance copy of Zak, then all I'll need is the DOTT 3sided box (which I'm confident I will find within the year) to complete my collection.

Well, except for the Grim Fandango and Full Throttle CD's. But I can get the Throttle one, and someone somewhere will want to sell the Grim Soundtrack.

I hope.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - your not a true fan until you have every original release of every LEC adventure on every platform :)

Now, having the rare Zak McKracken FmTowns version, or the rumored-but-presumed-extinct Maniac Mansion FmTowns version... that would be a true fanatic.

I have original Amiga and C64 versions of most LEC games, although I've never liked the IBM PC, so I only have DOTT, Sam and Max, Dig etc on that.. But the FmTowns version.. ahhh. *pine*

Would you mind conducting a list of ALL LucasFilm/Arts' adeventures, in ALL languages, on ALL platforms you ever heard off, with ALL the versions on each platform, in EVERY country/state, EVERY compilation/collection, with ALL the soundtracks, books, audio, audio books, gadgets and stuff?

I believe it's possible, but it's really hard. Especially all the foregin releases....

Well....

The last time mojo went to LucasArts they put up a pic of this cabinet that housed a copy of every single LEC game ever released - I don't have a link - but maybe if someone who was... well, friendly with them (ahem, Spaff) asked nicely... you know, asked Tom Sarris or someone for a list.

That'd save time.

(I posted twice last time cos forums collapsed during posting. I didn't know it had been posted, so I did it again.)

• 2 weeks later...

QueZTone, remember I offered you to buy The Dig's soundtrack from me?

You offered me $20, but I said that it's too low comparing to the price I payed for it ($40).

Anyway, I decided to sell it on eBay, so who knows - maybe you can buy it for even lower price that you offered ;)

LucasTones, maybe you want to participate in it too :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=893328601

I just picked a chinese IBM version of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - The Graphic Adventure off ebay in some really funky packaging. The "box" looks like an oversized quad-disc plastic CD jewel case that contains the 6 nicest looking 5.25 inch floppies (the disk envelopes have a full color glossy picture of Indy and his Dad from the cover of the box) , a mini - manual including the grail diary translated into chinese, a mini-translation table and a red gel copy protection reader. Although all the documentation is in chinese; the game itself is in english.

I did get all the PC LEC adventures when they first came out! I have rather wealthy parents who were quite willing to buy them for me! I'm sure there are 1 or 2 that I might not of gotten, but I am pretty sure I got all of them.

btw, Not all the games were mine, some of them were my older brothers', but I still played them!

Archived