Home

My LEC Game Collection

SamNMax

I know, currently there are 2 sells, the one you mentioned (you can also "Buy It Now" for $26.95, and it's yours right away) and the other one, which is only $9.99 now (but its price will rise until it's sold in about 6 hours).

The thing is that I'm watching the sales of this CD particularly, from time to time, and the minimum price I saw it being sold is about $20. Add to this the shipping fee, and it reaches $25.

But there were times when this CD went up to about $70-80...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe me, everything can be found on eBay...

Even some items of which existance you're not aware.

By the way, QueZTone, rememebr the soudntracks we were talking about? Well, one was sold for $20.47 (I put $19.97 and went to sleep :)) and the other one for $15.50. That's about the lowest price for The Dig's soundtrack that I've ever seen. And I've seen some sales where the price reached about $80.

But $139 for DOTT? Man, that's a rip off!

Let me tell you about Zak McKracken and Ebay.

An original boxed copy was up about a month ago, so I decided to get it. Buy It Now for £15. Bargain. But no picture. So, I email them to see if it is what I suspect (and hope) it is - ie, the original and not a re-release, with the newspaper. It was. So, I return to the item. Some cheapskate git had bid £10. So Buy it Now had gone, so he could save himself £5. So, I bid £15. He bids £20. I get annoyed, and bid £30. He bids £31. I leave it. I have a copy, and I only wanted another for insurance. £30 is more than I should have spent anyway. Its a blessing in disguise. But no. Because this other person obviously wanted me to go higher. So when he won, he made out like he had bidded higher by mistake. So I get an email saying I could buy it for £30 if I want.

What would you do?

Well, I said go to hell. Why?

a) I could have bought it for £15 3 days earlier

b) The transaction wouldn't have been endorsed by Ebay, as I didn't win

c) It was probably the sellers mate making some more money for the seller by raising my bid

d) I was too pissed off.

So there you are. Why sometimes I get angry, in one short story.

($139 for DOTT is a sign that things LEC related are starting to command a little respect. Its good. It means in 20 years you can charge £500 for a genuine first release Mixnmojo wheel.)

LOL :lol:

Well, £30 for boxed Zak McKracken is still a lot cheaper than £80.

SirPsycho, I'm willing to pay $20 (exclusive S&H) for a copy of your dig soundtracks

QueZTone, altough you're a fellow collector, $20 for this CD is about half the sum I payed for one of my copies. The others were a few bucks cheaper, but still I payed for them more than $20.

So I have to at least cover my own expenses, not to talk about getting some profit from this deal :)

If you're still anxious to get it for as low as about $20, then I suggest paying more attention to eBay (like LucasTones did with the current soundtrack that's being sold there at this very moment, hehe).

Yup, thats me. Well spotted. I've wanted this CD for so long; I love everything to do with The Dig. I even managed to get the strategy guide! It looks like this time I'll finally be able to afford to win the auction. What I really want is the Grim Fandango soundtrack, but it never appears on Ebay now because the only people who bought it actually want it, and LucasArts don't sell it anymore. I'm not into the Full Throttle one, but if I ever am I know where I can get it.

I always thought that Grim Fandango soundtrack is too "new" to become "rare", thus it cannot be found on eBay yet.

But I think your reason is more logical. Damn, I should have bought a dozen when I bought my copy from LEC's site! I would've waited a couple of years, and then probably could make a fortune out of that :D

By the way, when you say "Full Throttle", are you reffering to the Gone Jackals' soundtrack, or the "Ofiicial Mini-Soundtrack"?

Why are you asking us anyway? We don't know, you do.

Quez, I got 'em all (except DOTT 3 sides) but not new. I had to go to Ebay for most of them, so it is possible. Hellbeard, how old are you? Considering the first adventure was released in 1987, for around about $65, you should have to have been what, teens?

Okay... we're not including 'legitimate backups for archival purposes', are we? Hoooo boy. In that case there goes all the Star Wars games. :)

Monkey Island 1 and 2 (on the same CD with a demo for Monkey Island 3. Lent the CD to a friend more than a year ago, and probably won't see it again)

Grim Fandango

Monkey Island 3

Monkey Island 4

As for games that I don't have... Jedi Outcast was bloody unreal, eh? :D

Honestly, if I could afford to pay the $100 bucks a new game, I would. If the game was really worth it. But I'm an unemployed uni student, if I had a life I'd hate it.

I'd really like to find the Grim Fandango soundtrack though.

Archived