Home

Plo Koon Model!

ET Warrior

I wish the continuity people at LucasFilm would do their jobs. There's all kinds of contradicting data. In the comics, he seems to always speak telepathically. Even with the new info, I'm sticking with telepathy as his primary communication method, since most of what he has said in the comics, books, etc has been telepathic :) Having him just speak normally makes him less interesting, which is why they should have solidified it for all aspects of the Expanded Universe. As it stands now, he speaks both normally and telepathically. The question becomes "Why would he speak telepathically to people standing next to him if he can speak normally?" Ugh. I'm staying with telepathic, because I feel that was probably the original intent that just happened to not be communicated down to everyone else who has played around with Plo Koon.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sith Wookiee

I'd like to see where it says (or shows) Plo Koon Using a Rear-Handed Stance. From what ive seen it's Adi Gallia using the Rear-Handed, not Plo. Games may not be accurate but they fall into the same categorey of accuracy as comics and all other expanded universe things.

exactly not to be taken as the precise way of events. in the sand arena in AOTC you see him for a brief moment yielding his saber in a BACK-HANDED stance my cousin and friends noticed this as well.

ok it's hard to pin-point where, but i'll give it a shot. In the back ground you see Plo Koon swing his saber <which is green in the movie and i hate that> at a guy, then when you see him the next time <this is around when Obi-Wan and Anakin are gettin onto the hover cargo> he runs by but this time he holdin his saber Back-Handed. It's extremely brief i have this movie on my comp so i'm pretty sure in sayin this. If i am wrong plz post your evidence.

Also if you want to get technical Adia Gallea <i know i spelt it wrong> in her brief moments in the movie she was holdin her saber upright too. But i am sure that Plo Koon has VERY VERY brief scene with his saber this way.

If the jedi you saw was carrying a green saber....then you didn't see Plo Koon. Because he used a blue saber in the movie. And when Plo Runs onto the dropship, i'm pretty sure he's holding it normally, because i'm almost positive the blade is straight up in the air, which a reverse-grip wouldn't allow. I'm not sure about the last part, but i AM sure that he uses a blue saber.

thank you for correcting me i was sure his saber was green in the movie which i still hate by the way cuz it's not his colors. But i will swear up and down he uses a Back-handed stance it might not be his normal stance of choice but he does use it. And it Stass Allie, also just i got the saber color wrong it doesn't change the fact that for a brief moment in the movie he is holding his saber Back-Handed. I will apologize when you post the pic of which i speak of.

well, (sp?) means that he's not sure how to spell the word that comes right in front of the (sp?) sp?= spelling? And i can't post the picture that disproves you, because you yourself said it's only a very brief scene, i could show you any scene from the geonosis battle and you can say, nope, wrong part. Only you can show us the definitive scene. and i dont have episode 2 on my computer, because i feel that having star wars with such crappy audio and video quality is sacrilege.(sp?)

Don't beleive that stuff about Stass Allie, someone screwed up, and they're trying to cover it up :) Stass Allie just happens to look EXACTLY like Adi Gallia, happens to also have a seat on the Jedi Council, and is supposedly a seperate character. This MIGHT be beleivable, if Adi Gallia herself weren't also in the movie, meaning she hasn't relinquished her council seat, especially not to her clone :)

If you can tell me the exact spot in AOTC that Plo uses a backwards grip, I'll find it and take some screenshots. Give me the hour/min/sec point that it happens

Right, that's the ridiculous story they made up to cover, but no one should buy into it, because it's insulting to our intelligence (they could have just said "Oops, someone screwed up when they told the Merchendise people what the character's name is", but instead try to convince us it was intentional, and that it's a seperate character :p ) Not that I'm bitter or anything, but if people accept that, then the character might start popping up in the Expanded Universe, and LucasFilm might try to cover up a screwup in the future in similar fashion, which really detracts from the quality of the SW universe.

Yep, you're right in that they claim she's Adi Gallia's cousin, but shes' not actually a seperate character (and no, it's not a different actress :p ). What appears to have happened is that some of the merchendisers (toy makers, food makers) got some incorrect info that Adi Gallia's name was Stass Allie. They put it on some of their products that got released to the public (for example, on a Fruit Rollup wrapper). Thus, they had to scramble to make up a story that made it look like it was intentional :)

Adi Gallia does appear in the Council sequences of Episode II, though no new footage of that character was shot -- the Council backgrounds consisted of Episode I archival footage. Stass Allie, played by Lily Nyamwasa
.......that comes straight from Starwars.com. Adi Galia was played by an actress named Gin, that's from the credits of episode 2.

curve.jpg

movie_bg.jpg

Look at those pictures, and you can see for yourself.

Interesting. I guess the problem comes from the merchendise using pictures of Adi Gallia with the name Stass Allie, as well as previous mentions of Stass Allie being coupled with more pictures of Adi Gallia at StarWars.com. Either way, someone screwed up :)

I guess the only other explanation is that they originally intended for this new actress to be Adi Gallia, but eventually realized it wouldn't fly with the fans, so they made up a new character for her. Doesn't make much sense to introduce a new character who wears the same clothes, including the same unique head dress that not all Corellians wear when they could have just stuck a brand new character into the Arena scene :)

Archived