Home

Plo Koon Model!

ET Warrior

Photoshop is and always has been primarily an IMAGE MANIPULATION tool, used for altering previously created images (It was originally developed at ILM and sold to Adobe)

It replaced the poor guy with the airbrush who used to retouch photos (At least in the print industry)

Painter on the other hand is about creating images from scratch (Although recently Photoshop has tried to add this sort of ability to its toolset)

NB: This is an ULTRA simplistic breakdown of the different approaches of the two packages - you are of course only limited by your own abilities with the software.

Monsoontide

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to be offensive here. Sure you can correct someone, but don't be rude and flame them for making a simple mistake. I'm sure you've made such a simple mistake as well...like I said..help correct them, yes...flame them no. That said..the modeler making this model is not Kinja. It is his friend, I think..it's been awhile since I went through this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

Anyway...way to go Mr. Plo!

:koon: is a favorite character of mine for some reason. he is the boba fett of the prequels in my opinion. he didnt have a big part but he made enough of an impact to make everyone like him. the pictures look nothing short of stunning. im waiting patiently for the model to come out.

Heh, just to make it clear...

Mister Punch is the (fabulous) maker of this Plo Koon Model.

Kinja started the thread as a favor for his freind (Mister Punch), and then due to some unknown, forum-server error the Forum now shows ET Warrior (no fault of his own) as the thread starter. :nut:

Regardless of all this (not so difficult to solve) confusion...

The maker of the model in this thread is...

Mister Punch

Heh, I'll go back to waiting along with the rest of you now ;)

-nomad

MTFBWY

misterpunch your website is down. i tried to send the link to a friend to show him the plo koon (drools over the quality) and it was down. are you updating it with more pictures? oh and the shakk ti looks as amazing as the plo koon. i look forward to using them both:koon: :lsduel::thumbs1: :thumbs1:

Thanks for the PM, keo718. I wrote a reply but it was to big to send. I think what I had to say is relevent to this thread, so I'll just post it here...

keo718,

Mace Windu would be a good idea. I enjoy doing human faces quite a bit. I will consider this request. If you were here when I asked everyone to vote for the next model that I would do, you might remember that I voted for a "A New Hope" Ben Kenobi. This model currently tops my list for future projects. I'm not saying I'll stop there though...

I am interested in modeling more Star Wars characters, but after Plo Koon and Shaak Ti, I will only be doing models, no skins no setup, nothing else. I will be offering my "naked models" to anyone who wants to use them. This will give me more time to focus on the part that I love the best, but I'm hoping between the rest of the community and myself, we can get a lot more models in the game this way.

Thanks for waiting for these two models. I realize it is taking a long time. I am currently waiting myself for the Plo skins to be finished (I have farmed that work out to a friend of mine). As far as finishing the Shaak Ti mesh, well, I have only myself to blame for that. In the last two weeks I have modeled 6 characters at work...and I will admit to you that I have been getting a bit lazy with the extracurricular modeling.

I hope you don't mind, but considering that I haven't posted an update thread in quite awhile, I think I will share my message to you with the rest of the community.

Thanks,

-MP

I just checked the web site and it's working fine. Sorry, no new pictures yet.

http://members.cox.net/misterpunch/

Originally posted by MisterPunch

I am interested in modeling more Star Wars characters, but after Plo Koon and Shaak Ti, I will only be doing models, no skins no setup, nothing else. I will be offering my "naked models" to anyone who wants to use them.

As you wont be doing any more skins i would like to throw my weight behind the "generic jedi with multiple selectable surfaces model idea"

for those that missed this idea first time round ill give a quick explanation

basically its just a model in jedi clothing but the face is made up of a lot of different selectable facial features eg different hairstyles that people can select to create your own unique jedi character

Sorry about the giving credit to Kinja for this amazing and perfect model i saw his name a few times in this thread and got confused. So you are the man Mister Punch its the most anticipated model of the season can't wait ohh wait yes i can. It is going to be awsome I vision it getting the most downloads yet.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Archived