Home

Bowing in duel servers

zerowingzero

How do you feel about bowing in Duel servers?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about bowing in Duel servers?

• I think people who bow in duel servers like to waste my time and are asking to be DFAed
    • We must bow to uphold the honor of the jedi!
    • Bowing?

I bow (in duels only) because it is more of a competition/match between two athletes. But if my opponent chooses not to that is fine with me. Bowing doesn't take that much time out of the game so it doesn't matter.

What does bother me is if you are on a duel server & people constantly screw around instead of fighting. There are a few guys who play with constantly changing names of various moviestars, & when they play each other they like to do stupid crap like run up to doors & say "Let us out!" etc. without fighting. If you dink around like this I'm not going to play fair with you.

They were doing this one day on the Raven map & when I got to play (as Jan) I went to the window & just admired the view for awhile until the guy found me. I kept looking straight ahead out the window until by the sounds I could tell he was real close & then I backstabbed his ass. The whole time I never took my view off the moon, it was so sweet!

So im in a saber challenge duel the other day. And the bowing idiot is just sitting there waiting for me to bow. Im obviously not going to bow and i swing my saber a few times to show that im ready. So finally i attack him. Of course after wining the duel i get called names and kicked from the server. If your going to bow in a saber challenge do it before the challenge starts. You bowing idiots really freakin bug me.

SHUTUP AND FIGHT!!!!!

F*** your HONOR!!!

HATE IS POWER!

Well, if I bow, and the other just stands there and swings his saber, then I take it as a sign of readiness as well....

There is no honor in it for me, check my above post for reasons to bow.

I show you I'm ready, and you show me you're ready, and we're both set to go. Fine.

Im not bowing ever. And pretty damn soon im gonna quit waiting .. I can understand if its a duel server. But on a saber challenge.. when it goes grey its on. Ive been being nice an waiting. But everyone just sits there waiting for me to bow...

/ME SCREAMS!!!!

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

A very fun thing to do when someone bows...

Walk up slowly, crouch down in front of them, as they stand up, taunt and "juggle their McNuggets" (If you have seen it you know what I mean).

Ahem.... You could also rub the butt if they're a girl jedi....

And a female jedi tried to give everyone on the server bl*wjobs and ermm..... b*ttsex.... No further comment....

I'm a naughty boy, I know....

A bow dosn't need to last ten seconds. So if you don't like to wast your time, but still want to show your opponent respect, just make a quick bow. Personnaly I have never been attacked when I have bowed (well, okay, I dosn't play internet games very often, but still). You can't accept that kind of behavior. If someone does that to you, or any other person on the server, is my advice to either kick him out or attack from the moment the duel starts.

I just hate people with no respect for others:mad:

Bowing is a completely unnecessary and optional role-playing tactic introduced by some fans into the game as an unofficial "house rule."

Hence, I don't follow it if I don't want to. IMHO, if a server requires it, I should follow it, but chances are, I'll find a server where they have a less RPG-oriented attitude instead.

To bow (which many people feel you *have* to), simply look into the ground while standing still and then look up (light bow), or - crouch for a moment and stare into the ground and then stand up again.

DFA means Death From Above and originally referred to the red special - the one where you fly forward with your saber raised in the air, ready to slam it into the ground (most of the time) or, your unlucky opponent. If you see a player flying around with big horizontal leaps and digging his saber into the ground when he lands - then you have found yourself a "DFA'er".

Lately though, there has also been talk of a "yellow DFA" and a "strong/weak lunge" - tons of confusion about what to call the different specials. I'll leave it up to those guys naming these things to explains them.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Bowing is a completely unnecessary and optional role-playing tactic introduced by some fans into the game as an unofficial "house rule."

Hence, I don't follow it if I don't want to. IMHO, if a server requires it, I should follow it, but chances are, I'll find a server where they have a less RPG-oriented attitude instead.

Kurgan, I agree with you that it is somewhat useless to bow -you are both supposed to be ready from the word "fight".

However, it's more or less standard procedure these days to bow - if you attack while someone is bowing, you are looked upon as being disrespectful etc.

Therefore: It's alright with me if you don't bow (my bow is so faint that ppl rarely notices it), but please don't attack people while they bow, since everyone more or less expect the bowing thing nowadays.

And to those people that *requires* you to bow (aka the clanservers): that's a relatively silly rule folks, nothing bad happens if you don't bow.

Originally posted by *Darth Vega*

Are you really that retarded or do you have to try? Some of us like the not bowing thing just as some like the bowing thing. Whatever floats your boat.

And showing respect to your opponent? WTF? It's a ****ing computer game man. You don't know the meaning of the word.

You are obviously someone who doesn't show respect. If someone wants to bow, let them. If not, wait until they are done and then get it on.

I bow if bowed to, if not thats fine to. I'm not gonna cry and moan and b**ch about it.

And as you said above ^ Darth whatever, its a game, so if you think its just a video game, why are you doing the "I'm a Sith Lord, we don't bow" thing? You are obviously confused about where you stand, so, get over it.

Peace...:band:

I ran into a pair of serious jackasses tonight. Now, I don't bow, but I have no problem with letting the other person bow. I always wait a few seconds to let the other person bow. Sometimes I'll taunt, sometimes I'll just wait. Most people seem to have no problem. But these two, 3vilShadow and IceApprentice (I think that's how they were spelled), demanded that I bow. When I didn't, they IN THEIR OWN WORDS went "cheap," using the cheapest tricks they knew for the specific purpose of killing me as fast as possible, usually 5-10 seconds.

Now, I've said elsewhere that I normally have no problem with people scripting, bsing, assfighting, spamming, whatever. But the people that do that treat everyone the same. These two only did this to me, just because I would not bow. When I said "I will never bow" (direct quote), one actually called me a cocky bastard, or something to that effect. Me, the person who simply did not want to have another person's style of gameplay shoved down my throat, and died repeatedly because of it.

That kind of crap is what really makes me mad, being singled out for not playing along.

Originally posted by Kent H

I ran into a pair of serious jackasses tonight. Now, I don't bow, but I have no problem with letting the other person bow. I always wait a few seconds to let the other person bow. Sometimes I'll taunt, sometimes I'll just wait. Most people seem to have no problem. But these two, 3vilShadow and IceApprentice (I think that's how they were spelled), demanded that I bow. When I didn't, they IN THEIR OWN WORDS went "cheap," using the cheapest tricks they knew for the specific purpose of killing me as fast as possible, usually 5-10 seconds.

Now, I've said elsewhere that I normally have no problem with people scripting, bsing, assfighting, spamming, whatever. But the people that do that treat everyone the same. These two only did this to me, just because I would not bow. When I said "I will never bow" (direct quote), one actually called me a cocky bastard, or something to that effect. Me, the person who simply did not want to have another person's style of gameplay shoved down my throat, and died repeatedly because of it.

That kind of crap is what really makes me mad, being singled out for not playing along.

Those two sound like a couple of real idiots. You stick to your guns, don't let anyone force you to bow, it is your prerogotive how you play this game. Like I said before, I only bow if bowed to and if people don't want to bow to me, fair enough, who cares! Some people just take this game far to seriously for my liking.

Originally posted by lexx

I don't see anything wrong with bowing but I do say this:

Always wait to see what your opponent does first. I was dfa'ed once while bowing and that was the first and very last time! He got kicked for it anyway.

I bow if bowed to and if you don't bow, fair enough, it doesn't bother me.

so very true

Archived