Home

WIP: Ki Adi Mundi

Psyk0Sith

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see some update shots :)

A question about Mr. Mundi for you, Psyk0. I noticed his mouth is open in that first shot, does that mean you plan on including the facial bones so he can have expressions, or at least have his mouth open? That would be great if you can, for cutscenes and such. I can imagine Jedi Council cutscenes in all kinds of mods, and having as many of the models capable of opening their mouths when speaking would be great :)

Well, i have no idea how the facial bones should be setup, cuz when i exported my 1st model (not this one), i had to remove vertex weights from the whole face area...so how's it supposed to be animated if there are no weights assigned to the head's vertex?

I did not plan to include a full mouth for cutscenes but it would be interesting to find out how it's done.

I think i'm gonna leave the mouth open that way, i think it looks good.

http://www.renegademods.info/users/PsykoSith/ki_adi_r1.jpg

i still have to reduce the polys on the head (and other places), make another piece of cloth come down from the belt, tweaking here and there, uvw map the whole thing...the list goes on.

comments/suggestions? you know what to do...

thanx!

P.S.: i stole kyle's hands, everything else is mine.

that funny stuff on the bottom of the beard is a test for the alpha map, but i'm no really sure how to do it, i simply extruded some faces from the middle and bottom to make a few strands...

i think i'll ask major clod for help, he did a great job on the wookie.

3200 polys right now without optimization, mainly because of the braid and other places on the head.

Psyk0Sith, i am absolutely amazed with the fact that the model looks EXACTLY like mundi, and that's without the skin. i can't imagine how it's gonna look when you (or somebody else) do skin him.

incredible work you're doing ... can't wait to see more updates!

Hi, I just wanna congratulate you for your work so far.

I was linked here by a friend of mine, knowing I wanted a Ki-Adi-Mundi model and skin. I'll be looking out for the release of this skin. Thanks for doing it man, i really appreciate it.

Ki Adi Mundi is my fav jedi, he rocks, and I can't wait till Ep 3 where he will get to battle darth Vader but unfortunatley fall, like the rest of the Jedi, includin Plo Koon, I know, IT SUCKS!

I cant wait for this model to come out. So far e looks GREAT :) and i can't wait for him to be availible and beable to play him!. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK MAN!!! :kiadi::(

I don't suppose the beard could be made selecteable? That way we can do a young Ki [while he was Yoda's Padawan], as well as other Cereans. If not, hey, this model is gorgeous, and I'll be more than happy just having Master Ki himself. Or is he still Knight? I know he was briefly Master according to EU, when A'sharad was his Padawan, but A'sharad never graduated while under Ki, and he's not cannon anyway. Anyone know if Lucas said if Ki's a Master by Episode II?

Archived