Home

WIP: Ki Adi Mundi

Psyk0Sith

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glad you liked the suggestion. gotta question ... if you do decide to model the hat, would you consider going the extra mile and making a version that resembles this younger ki-adi-mundi? by this i mean a version that not only does has the hat, but also wears a scarf and that fabric-thing hanging from the rear of the hat, as well as a longer (maybe braided?) goatee?

i don't know if it's worth the effort because it's not the version that people are used to, but it adds to the variety.

whatever you decide, i'm really psyched about this model. you guys are doing an incredible job modeling and skinning him, and i thank you for your efforts.

keep up the great work!

KI-ADI ROCKS! :kiadi:

There are only a few suggestions and questions that I have. In the latest WIP pic the skinning below the hood is somewhat flat, especially on the belt. The only other suggestion I have is to make the moustache flush with the face and add more texture to the beard so it doesn't look so thick.

Did you create a seperate layer for the cloth under the dark brown tunic? The only reason I ask is because the tan cloth doesn't have the appearance of depth.

Originally posted by morphius_doh

There are only a few suggestions and questions that I have. In the latest WIP pic the skinning below the hood is somewhat flat, especially on the belt. The only other suggestion I have is to make the moustache flush with the face and add more texture to the beard so it doesn't look so thick.

Did you create a seperate layer for the cloth under the dark brown tunic? The only reason I ask is because the tan cloth doesn't have the appearance of depth.

I agree about the detialing, working on that :)

Are you going to work on the different layers of clothing coz they still don't have any depth to them so to give the effect of layers? I have noticed this in the cuffs of the tan shirt as well. Will you be adding the strands of hair at the top of his head as well?

One more suggestion: Take the roundness out of the gote' so that it doesn't look so thick.

Are you going to work on the different layers of clothing coz they still don't have any depth to them so to give the effect of layers? I have noticed this in the cuffs of the tan shirt as well. Will you be adding the strands of hair at the top of his head as well?

One more suggestion: Take the roundness out of the gote' so that it doesn't look so thick.

About the different layers, I thought the cloaths he is wearing are 2 pieces? The yellow/brown undershirt and the brown "jacket" Correct me if I am wrong though.

And I agree on you about the beard thing. But I can's change that, I am just the skinner, not the modeler :)

wow!

damn grafox you got mad skillz!

I've been quite busy lately so the weighting is far from being done, but i'll work on that this week.

Once i get the skins i'll check how the head looks in the game, cuz when i modeled, there was no lights in max, and that was a big mistake.

I did some tests with the head on another body and things looked pretty weird when far away...close ups looked ok but not as good as the max renders.

(Grafox read your mail...)

It's starting to look better, though the mustache could stand to be shorter in legnth and angled in a way that it meets the beard.

If you look at the pics in the Databank, on the official site, you'll see that the beard widens as it goes up the jaw line and doesn't just cover the chin area.

Call me anal but I'm just offering advice to make the model the best it can be.

It's starting to look better, though the mustache could stand to be shorter in legnth and angled in a way that it meets the beard.

If you look at the pics in the Databank, on the official site, you'll see that the beard widens as it goes up the jaw line and doesn't just cover the chin area.

Call me anal but I'm just offering advice to make the model the best it can be.

I really apreciate these kind of comments, helps me get my skin better.

Thanks!

Archived