Home

WIP: 4-Lom using the C-3P0 model

ronbrothers

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey oddjob, theres something strange with this model. I dropped the pk3 into my base folder, and then when I went to play ffa_bespin, it removed the sky from the map. Turned it into a checkerboard deal thing. I don't know if its doing it for anyone else, but I got it.

I can post screenshots if you'd like.

I havent tried other levels yet, but I wanted to make sure if 4lom was causing the problem or not. And it seems like he is.

:(

Well, that's certainly likely as that's about as close to writing code or scripting as I would ever want to get. :p But it doesn't do it on my comp. And I test on bespin too. Hrm...

Perhaps try deleting some shader files and see which one fixes it? I would greatly appreciate any help I could get.

apparently, the problem arises from a map.

I removed my huge map pk3, and the problem was fixed.

Now its only a matter of finding out WHICH map gives the problem

Oddjob, do you have any extra maps you have downloaded? Same for the others, if the problem is with a map, perhaps we can locate what maps we all have

/me goes searching

-quamosity

Oddjob, great job on the model, just one thing... For some reason, there are a lot of .wavs in there mixed in w/ the mp3s. Since the paths are different, couldn't you just make them all mp3s? It probably doesn't matter but it would make your download smaller :). Let me know if you need someone to convert them.

i checked assets0.pk3 with my huge maps.pk3 and found that there was a repeating skies.shader. I deleted it from my maps.pk3, and that fixed it, but i couldnt figure out what map i downloaded had the shader in it. Anyone who has the problem, check to see in your downloaded map pk3s for the files skies.shader. Hopefully something will turn up

Well actually all you have to do is to copy the txt of three of shader files (one at the time) and paste them into one shader file and voila the problem is fixed.

Note: this may not work if you run a mod like jedimod.

You really should write a tut on putting SP characters into MP.... I've been trying to get Threepio in-game for a month, and have been stuck on the last stage for half of that... lol I had the model made up and everything... Hell, I even made new threepio skins for the Jedi and Kyle models... lol Great job, man...!

-Gabriel-

:c3po:

:wstupid:

I figured out how to Make this work with Jedimod!:nut: All you have to do is delete the 4lom_head shader in the 4lom shader file and it works fine with jedimod! Hey Oddjob, You did a great Job on this. Hope to see more work from you soon... Hope Everyone Else enjoys this also.

:evil5: Peace! :cheers:

Actually, the problem was a missing } at the end of the shader file:

4lom.shader should be :

models/players/4lom/head_off

{

cull disable

{

map models/players/4lom/head_off.TGA

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

depthWrite

alphaFunc GE128

}

}

models/players/4lom/4lom_head

{

q3map_nolightmap

q3map_onlyvertexlighting

{

map models/players/4lom/4lom_head

blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map gfx/effects/chr_inv

blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_COLOR

tcGen environment

}

{

map models/players/4lom/4lom_head_s

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE

detail

alphaGen lightingSpecular

}

Wow, thanks for both of those suggestions/bug fixes! This is exactly why I like to give the few that bother to look at my thread a crack at my model while I am working on the LOD.

I will change both models to their own directory. I didn't even think about what it would do to the single player versions. But as far as the protocol droid goes, I was using some of the sounds in the assets pak so I wouldn't have to include them. Oh well. :)

Also thanks for finding that missing bracket. I will give that a try asap.

Thanks again.

Hehe no problema. Gotta love Vi Editor's bracket matching (% key). Just one short criticism that I noticed after fixing that error. When 3PO falls into a pit, he uses a human scream. I think something like "We're doomed!" would be more appropriate, but that's just my opinion. I love custom sounds :-D. Let me know if you need help finding sounds, as I can get them from the movies if necessary.

Again, great job getting him in game. I had a nice FFA between C3PO, a huge Chewbacca, and a tiny Kyle. It was classic.

Fixed that. I had his, and the rest of the models' falling sounds named wrong. It should be falling1 and I had them just called falling. Both the c3po's and the protocol droid's(now called TC-14 from Episode 1) sounds are meant for comic effect. So the sounds they make aren't always... appropriate for the situation if they were flesh and blood. :)

Originally posted by MaxiNeo

:wstupid:

I figured out how to Make this work with Jedimod!:nut: All you have to do is delete the 4lom_head shader in the 4lom shader file and it works fine with jedimod! Hey Oddjob, You did a great Job on this. Hope to see more work from you soon... Hope Everyone Else enjoys this also.

:evil5: Peace! :cheers:

Ok how in the hell do i do that?

:nutz3: The Correct Way to do it would just be extract the pk3, go into shaders and open the 4lom shader with notepad and replace averything in there with

models/players/4lom/head_off

{

cull disable

{

map models/players/4lom/head_off.TGA

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

depthWrite

alphaFunc GE128

}

}

models/players/4lom/4lom_head

{

q3map_nolightmap

q3map_onlyvertexlighting

{

map models/players/4lom/4lom_head

blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map gfx/effects/chr_inv

blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_COLOR

tcGen environment

}

{

map models/players/4lom/4lom_head_s

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE

detail

alphaGen lightingSpecular

}

(thanks to MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA for this)

and the put it all back into the pk3.

If thats to hard then just extract the shader to glm_4lom/shaders/4lom.shader (somthing like that) and edit it like i said above with notepad and save it, then in the glm_flom directory where the shader folder is, put the pk3 file, right click the shaders directory, click add to zip file, then add to glm_4lom.pk3... :sweating: whew :tng1:

:thmbup1: then finally put the pk3 file back in your base folder.... or if you would like just open the pk3 file (with win rar), go into the shaders folder and go into the 4lom shader file and delete the 4lom_head shader.... Ok did you get all that :smash:

(your probably looking at this post like :eyeraise: )

:fire3::clap2::fire2:

Archived