Home

WIP: 4-Lom using the C-3P0 model

ronbrothers

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it shouldn't be a problem for working with the humanoid skeleton, would have to crack open the c3po .glm file in milkshape, export it to a format readable in 3d studio (ie. 3ds or otherwise), then merge it with the skeleton and tags in 3d studio

sithlord-ii

Originally posted by t3rr0r

oddjob, do you suppose you could convert the normal protocol droid (no 4-lom head) to mp, too? cause there are lots of skinning opportunities for this model. :)

There's an idea.. I miss my force-wielding Cybot from DF2. :(

Cool stuff, Oddjob. As you can see in the ref pic t3rr0r posted, the head should be considerably narrower, maybe shorter (lengthwise) too. The height of the head looks good, but see if you can adjust the other dimensions.

Originally posted by kman@polycount

I wanted to try my hand at getting a model into the game, so I think I will try on c3po. As for your 4lom model, the head seems to be too wide.

I started on this Kman but gave up, the arms are going to be tricky because they were modelled with his arms in an L shape.

(you know how he looks a Thunderbird puppet in the game)

You can segment it but it doesn't join up that well later on because there's kind of a gap where his elbow was.

I'll send you anything I work out, but I haven't got the time to do it myself so carry on and perhaps you'll get him in game.

May I also suggest with your Skills you could play with some shaders and give his Skin a touch up so he appears shiny and gold, and do the same with the silver skin.

I know u can do it!

Well, seeing as how the poly count is already a bit high on the 3P0 model and Kman here want's to convert the original, I think I will leave that one alone. But whatever problems I run into with the body will be the same ones as him most likely. Should be interesting.

I have slimmed down the head and it does indeed look better.

I'll post another pic when I get some skinning done.

Kewl Odd-Job is back and he's going to give us another very cool Classic Trilogy Character!

Oddjob, don't stray into that EU/prequel crap. Keep your models in the first 3 movies!

Perhaps with your expertise you'll model the body yourself, it may prove less time consuming than converting that bloody protocol droid - it's a bitch I've tried.

Or maybe wait or help Kman get the original protocol droid ingame and then use that version instead. Just a thought.

Nice nice nice, very nice :)

If you dont feel confident with the skinning (it looks fine in my opinion) you should try handing the skinning job over to someone that is highly skilled in that area. That way the model will reach its full potential.

Archived