Home

WIP: 4-Lom using the C-3P0 model

ronbrothers

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/img/4lom_ingame.jpg

As you can see I have some textures assigned to the wrong parts(upper thighs) and the caps aren't showing up for some reason(I am using the same that the protocol droid uses, a broken switch texture, to no avail so far.) And a texture for part of the model that links the shoulder to the torso doesn't show up as well, but I think that just because I didn't skin mesh it. I also added the heads to the 3po and Imp droids as well. Somebody making a battle droid should send me their head to attach it too. :)

As far as the rigging goes, there is some funky stuff going on that won't look quite right because I linked whole pieces to one bone to get that solid 'armor' type feel that a protocol droid should have. Which, as funky as that might look, it will be better than the alternative. So sometimes the shoulder will clip into the torso as you can see from some of the pic's and sometimes it will be twisted at a really unnatural angle. Just remember that the droids aren't human.

Looking good Oddjob! The only things I see with the head really is matching the skin to the body, but if you want to adjust the head, just add an Edit Mesh modifier when your weighting is finished and move whatever verts you want around and re-export it on your final. Doing more that vert movement could result in throwing the UV's off.

Great Work!

Oddjob, I am extremely thankful for your contributions to this community!

Not only have you produced quality material, but from what I've seen, you've been a very respectful, informative, and intelligent member of this community and I was shocked to see the rude remarks that were thrown your way. There is no need to dwell on any of that, as it is completely meaningless. I do hope that it remains water under the bridge, and no more is to come of it.

I am very happy that along with your talents, that you are obviously a Classic Star Wars Fan :)

Keep up the good work!

And I thank you once again.

-nomad

MTFBWY

sweet pic, oddjob! c3p0 with a lightsaber? whodathunk we'd ever see THAT?! :c3po:

4-lom's looking great. i never knew he had the body of a protocol droid. you learn something new EVERY day.

keep up the great work! btw, your boussh/leia model ROCKS!

Originally posted by Delmar

wow, oddjob. your 4-lom is looking great and i'm also excited to see the "cybot" running around in mp! will you be releasing the mod that brings them into mp as well as your 4-lom model?

Originally posted by oddjob: A-Team

I also added the heads to the 3po and Imp droids as well. Somebody making a battle droid should send me their head to attach it too.

(concerning the plain threepio) i just did some quick recolourings of the base threepio skin. team colours and grey/silver. tell me if you're interested in them. it'd be just one less task to worry about. :)

Chesire: I see. Well, in all the reference pic's and with the action figures as well, the color of the body and the color of the head is pretty disparate. It's like they just stuck that head on an unused protocol droid body and shoved him out there for that scene when they filmed it. :)

Now, if I could just get the caps to render I could release a preliminary version...

Also I added custom sounds(of course) for everybody. 4-Lom is just a bunch of JKII sounds thrown together. Like metal crashes and droids exploding, etc. I will leave his taunt as a suprise to see who can figure out where in JKII I got it.

And C3PO's are a bunch of clips from the movies. If ANYBODY could get me the sound clip of him yelling 'Die Jedi' or whatever the line was from EpII, I would be very appreciative.

I still need to find some good sounds for the Imperial droid though.

Originally posted by oddjob: A-Team

Hell yeah! I was just going to not do the silver/EpII c3po and let the community of skinners add them later so that's nice and the team colors are really nice favor. Thanks. Perhaps you could upload them somewhere?

i could .zip them up and e-mail them to you. cause my space is only a wee tripod site. :( i didn't get any icons done, but i have the textures and .skin files.

edit: i'll pm you the links so noone else gets a hold of them.

WOW! :c3po::p

Great job getting 3PO in-game w/out his arms deforming! 4-Lom looks incredible too. Man, after the WIP models are released, there aren't going to be any main StarWars characters left to model (unless you want to make new ones of existing ones).

Keep up the great work!

I thought there was a Han Solo model in progress.... Maybe I'm mistaken. If not, it would be a great model to make. If I had more experience w/ 3DSMax, I'd tackle it, but I'm not to the point where I could make something humanoid yet. Maybe one of our modeling gurus will make Han. :-D

Originally posted by t3rr0r

i could .zip them up and e-mail them to you. cause my space is only a wee tripod site. :( i didn't get any icons done, but i have the textures and .skin files.

edit: i'll pm you the links so noone else gets a hold of them.

Don't worry about the icons. I can do them.

Just email them to me at oddjob@ateamproductions.com

the links are in the pm i sent you.

on another note, i wonder if someone could make a shiney grey one, too (with a shader)... or rather it'd be silver then. maybe a shader could be put on the default 3po to make true c-3po. so many possibilities... :)

Originally posted by Matt Shoemaker

Has everyone forgotten Han?!

i was thinking the same thing today. people talk about jacen and jaina solo, but they forget about THE MAN of whose loins they are the fruit of, or something like that ...

... sorry to stray from the topic at hand. :rolleyes:

Archived