Home

WIP: 4-Lom using the C-3P0 model

ronbrothers

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How aobut this, I will upload my latest version and you can download that. It fixes that shader problem and a couple of other problems and converts all the wav's to mp3's.

In case you missed the link before, here it is again:

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/glm_4lom.zip

Oh, and if you are using the Jedimod size thing, all the droids should be the same size as Princess Leia. Nice and short.

Originally posted by oddjob: A-Team

Fixed that. I had his, and the rest of the models' falling sounds named wrong. It should be falling1 and I had them just called falling. Both the c3po's and the protocol droid's(now called TC-14 from Episode 1) sounds are meant for comic effect. So the sounds they make aren't always... appropriate for the situation if they were flesh and blood. :)

we need e-3po with a taunt that says "e chu ta." also, that zip doesn't seem to work.

Well, there is a modified 'e chu ta' in there for the imperial droid. But unfortunately you can't use just a taunt, which sucks. And every version of it I have found out there has been of horrible sound quality. On top of that it doesn't match any of the other sounds that I am using, which is why I modified it to sound deeper. Belive me, that was my first thought but unless I get a copy of good enough sound quality that fits with the rest of the sounds, I probably won't put it in there.

Oh, and try downloading the file again. It works fine for me.

Great job on the sounds, they're great. Thanks for updating the shader fix too, it was a pain trying to explain to my non-technical friends how to edit stuff in the pk3...

Just one thing (feel free to bash me over the head, flame me, deactivate my circuits, etc. for this), but it seems that all your JPGs and TGAs for the skin textures are really HUGE in filesize, (some are over 1MB even) when they really don't need to be that high-res. It really bumps the file size up there, and while that's not an issue for me, as I have enough disk space and broadband, it will make it so that 56K people think twice about downloading it. If you use a lesser resolution or use clever compression levels (I've heard rumors that both Brad-Fu and Kman are experts at this), you can really cut the file size down to something that even the 56K'ers will download.

Again, great job, and MTFBWY.

When I want to play guns, I play Action Half-life.

My only suggestion to you, noble Sir Oddjob is that you release this pack under the name of C3P0, as he is the biggest name character included. When someone does a search for 4lom, they will find this and other skins, but find nothing searching for Threepio, a bigger name than a bounty hunter-a main character for pete's sake.

Anyways, thanks for all the excellent work. Bring the handcannon over to jedi outcast. If anyone should do it...

Well, the 4lom stuff is the only one really made by me. The rest are pretty much recolors or files from the assets pak. I will look into reducing the file size if I can though, thanks for the tip. I am glad you like the sounds. They make me chuckle as well. :)

Oh, and thanks to whoever gave me my thread back!

Originally posted by Messy_Dwarf

When I want to play guns, I play Action Half-life.

My only suggestion to you, noble Sir Oddjob is that you release this pack under the name of C3P0, as he is the biggest name character included. When someone does a search for 4lom, they will find this and other skins, but find nothing searching for Threepio, a bigger name than a bounty hunter-a main character for pete's sake.

Anyways, thanks for all the excellent work. Bring the handcannon over to jedi outcast. If anyone should do it...

Heh, perhaps. Or perhaps I will just give permission to a worthy modeler.

Thanks for idea. I will probably call the zip/pack c3po_4lom. They both deserve billing. But you are right, C-3P0 Deservers top billing.

Ok, here is what might be the final pak. Give it a try and see if there are any problems. If I don't hear of any then I will probably release it to the model site tomorrow night.

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/c3po_4lom.zip

Oh and for those of you unfamiliar with the project, here's the screenshot that is going in with the release:

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/img/c3po_4lom.jpg

Ok, here is what might be the final pak. Give it a try and see if there are any problems.

oddjob,

i downloaded the droids and kicked some @$$ for the past hour. i'm VERY impressed with the quality of the work you have put out, not only with this set of models, but also with the boushh/leia pack. i couldn't really find any flaws with anything (sounds, clipping, etc) except for the fact that threepio was the hands-down, booty-smacking, king of the ring in the duels i had going on ... but that's just MY problem, not yours. lol

thanks for all your hard work and effort you've put into adding on to the jkII community.

Oh, I almost forgot! Hey t3rr0r, what name/email should I put in the readme for the CTF skins you made? I left out the grey skin for now because the pak was pretty big already, but I need to update the readme with your info. Once I get that done I can officially release it.

you can put "jordan koski (t3rr0r)" for my name.

btw, i read at one of your sith rodian download locations that you couldn't turn off the vest. i dunno if you figured it out youreself yet, but all you should need to do is...

surfOff "hips_belt torso_vest"

surfOn "torso_augment_off"

Archived