Home

WIP: 4-Lom using the C-3P0 model

ronbrothers

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by t3rr0r

it may be just me, but the head looks too long (front to back). http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/img/4lom_front_side.jpg

I just never released he had such a large melon. Makes me think of that movie "So I Married an Axe Murderer" where the grandfather keeps making fun of his son for having such a large head. :p

Did the figure(s) have consistent proportions with the 4-LOM from the movies?

Don't worry, not taking it the wrong way. I just didn't have much in the way of reference pic's to work from. And I couldn't find my kid's action figure. I could have dug out my old original Kenner figure but it's hid away in my boxed up original collection. :)

I was expecting some discrepincy anyway with the lack of good pics. Call my model EVOCATIVE of 4-Lom, I guess. I noticed a couple of things with your pics though, so thanks. One is that the eye goes too far back. But at this point I am a bit comitted to this design so that is going to stay I am afraid. But the other is that I am missing that circular port on the back of his head, so I will get on adding that to the skin.

Well, apparently importing a model is just as frustrating and annoying the 2nd time around too. :p You would think I would have learned enough from my first foray into JKII modeling.

Ah well, it's comming along, but there are some just plain intrinsic problems with making a droid with lots of hard, unbending parts animate on an organic, human skeleton. Some things will just look funky. But you will have it in game anyway.

I guess you totaly missed this eh?

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=320

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/info/jk2/boushh_leia/boushh_leia.shtml

Oh, and I did everything on this model. Modeling, skin meshing, skinning, importing. All of it.

Not to mention the mod I was lead designer and lead modeler/animator of:

http://ahl.action-web.net

Yup, I won't ammount to anything.

Originally posted by Commodus

Wow, I'm impressed - AHL was a pretty cool mod...

The skin looks pretty professional, keep up the good work.... BTW, who/what is 4-Lom?

U should be ashamed of urself. He is one of the bounty hunters from epv that vader hired to get the falcon

One would expect and assume that in a community such as this one here for Jedi Knight 2, which draws Star Wars fans from other gaming communities, that there would be a mutual respect for talent.

Oddjob has talent, Mr. VampirehunterD. And he puts his money where his mouth is, which is more than I can see with you. I have worked with Oddjob in the past, and can vouch for the quality of his work. Your comments Vampire, are disrespectful to Oddjob's talent as well as just ignorant and arrogant in general.

It would be nice if you just kept your lovely thoughts to yourself.

quamosity

Skinner, ActionHalfLife

Originally posted by VampireHunterD

Am I supposed to be impressed by this?

I said you actually had an idea going. So, accept the compliment

and keep at it. That's all I said. There's no need in you holding a grudge with me now you know. Get over it and shut up.

No, you are not supposed to be impressed by it. You are just shut it with you comments like 'Finally something good from Oddjob' and 'You are pathetic. You will probably never mount up to anything.' (BTW, the phrase is AMMOUNT to anything) and 'I haven't seen anything you've contributed to this community.' and just generally get the hell out of my posts. You are not welcome in my posts, you hypocrite.

And I don't need compliments from people like you so you can just take your compliment and shove it. You were extremely rude to me in my post about the mod idea to shocase models made here and then you were rude in your so called "appology" to me. Then you go and chastise Cheshire for the EXACT same thing you did to me making you a hypocrite. So if you would kindly not post in my posts I will completley ignore YOURS.

Anyway..as far as this model is coming along, it makes me increasingly pissed that lucasarts had to go and can "The Hunted" bountyhunting mod. Maybe someone could toss one together that won't be so much like the game that's being made, like a simple "capture the jedi" where a bunch of bountyhunters compete with each other to take down a lone player.

Archived