Home

is lucasarts going to release any adventure archives in the US?

kng863

does anyone know whether lucasarts is going to release any classic adventure games such as the MI series in the USA? from what i read on the news board, amazon of germany and france are selling adventure bundle classics of MI, INDY and other titles.

im looking to purchase the MI classics, but I can't find them in stock. I tried amazon of USA, but the MI archives series is not in stock anymore. I would buy the adventure bundle offered in germany and france, but I prefer to have an English copy and not to deal with troubles of shipping/handling/exchange rates/etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the MI classics and I would go to great lengths to get the classics, but I have limited $$ like most gamers. In addition, I wouldn't understand the game in german or french, but then again the MI veterans would still know what to do in the game in any language.

I would buy from ebay, but I cannot go beyond my spending means. I saw MI archives series sold for 52 dollars recently and it was worth $15 at amazon before it went out of stock.

please help a poor gamer out and tell me whether there's hope in lucasarts releasing more copies of MI classics

Does anyone at lucasarts do any demographic research! As people play the latest Monkey Island games, lucasarts (I believe) is unaware that people will get hooked into the series and want to play the classics. I think lucasarts would do better if they stopped focusing on Star Wars so much with all those games released. Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars, but from the list of games lucasarts is selling on their online store you too would think that Star Wars is their only profitable franchise. I'm a disappointed consumer when I walk into a store (to look for MI classics) and find lucasarts selling nothing but Star Wars.

-disgruntled gamer

That's strange, although I think you should be able to find the archive series if you search a bit. I know it's still available at my local EB at least.

You might also check out these ones:

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/classicadventures/

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/adventure/

Though I can't seem to find a bundle which includes MI2. Strange.

well..a month (or two) ago they still had the LucasArts Archive Volume 3 which included Monkey Madness...

but within a span of two months or so they no longer have Volume2,3 and 4! (volume 1 was sold out a long time ago, and the adventure collection archive thingie in that bag came instead of reprints of vol1)

hmm so it is time for a new collection indeed. Specially since the Classic Adventures pack is all disks and no cdroms...

There is a copy of Curse of Monkey Island sold in the US in a *white box* and says "LucasArts Classic Series" on it. You can find it in many GameStops and EB's. It contains MI 1, 2, and 3, though the cover art is only for Monkey 3.

That bundle is out of production, if Amazon.com is anything to go by (which it quite often isn't). Seeing that LEC is pushing their "new" jewel-case series in EB and similar stores, I guess it makes sense.

Aye, it is out of production, but its still on some store shelves.

What I'd really like to see is a 5 dvd-case (but probably CD-based games) boxed set once Monkey 5 is over and done however many years from now. With documentaries and posters and stuff. Booyah.

Originally posted by Jake

Aye, it is out of production, but its still on some store shelves.

What I'd really like to see is a 5 dvd-case (but probably CD-based games) boxed set once Monkey 5 is over and done however many years from now. With documentaries and posters and stuff. Booyah.

MI1&2 = 1CD

CMI = 2CD

EMI = 2CD

MI5 = 2CD?

So if they were CDs, you'd probably need more than 5

Originally posted by QueZTone

he said 5 dvd CASE ;) maybe he meant cases that could hold more than one cd :)

I assume a 5 dvd case would old 5 cds. My point is, MI1,2,3,4&5 won't fit in a 5 dvd case as there are more than 5cds.

5 dvd-case boxed set

so this means a boxset containing 5 dvd cases, not 1 dvdcase that holds 5 cds

the 5 dvd cases, if some could hold more than 1 cd, could be sufficient

anyway who else thinks this is yabbering about nonsense? :)

*pats scabb on the back and says: "Hey how about showing me that stamp collection of yours"*

i just love how most replies steer away from the original topic, especially with many replies:D

anyways, i found a lone last copy of lucasarts archives series at a bestbuy. I was ecstatic! Im now debating whether i should open it and devalue the game because it's so rare. Great price and investment!

Your life depreciates in value over time, yet it costs more to insure it. WHY?!

If you find out, they'll get mad and slap you. So please, don't find out. (But seriously do find out, and e-mail me privately. I'm so curious! )

Originally posted by QueZTone

5 dvd-case boxed set

so this means a boxset containing 5 dvd cases, not 1 dvdcase that holds 5 cds

the 5 dvd cases, if some could hold more than 1 cd, could be sufficient

anyway who else thinks this is yabbering about nonsense? :)

*pats scabb on the back and says: "Hey how about showing me that stamp collection of yours"*

HYPOCRITE!

You're the one with the pasty face :p

it was the curse of monkey island lucasarts archives series (which includes MI1&2). It's so expensive on ebay, but im still bidding (only if it stays cheap) as some more rare copies of it come in. I will probably stop bidding if i get outbid.

you guys are still fighting over the 5 dvd box issue?:rolleyes:

When I said 5 dvd case set I meant each game's original box art reduced to DVD-case size and made into one of those wrap-around inserts that they put on modern DVD (and xbox, ps2 and gamecube game) cases, then all put next to each other in an attractive box.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a copy of Curse of Monkey Island sold in the US in a *white box* and says "LucasArts Classic Series" on it. You can find it in many GameStops and EB's. It contains MI 1, 2, and 3, though the cover art is only for Monkey 3.

Is this the Jewel Case version that you find on those $10 CD Racks??? Are the MI1 & 2 the 256-color CD-ROM Talkie versions??? I have played the disk versions (which is all that is available on LucasArts.com!) but would love to try the CD versions. I am sure there is a MI1 Talkie, don't know about #2.

I'd also love to see the CD version of LOOM.

In fact, I'd love to see all the 256 color versions from that LucasArts adventure pack...

I wish some of my friends knew the true brillience of Monkey Island! I lent to one of my friends and He quit at insult sword fighting!

btw, in canada the 3 game set is quite a commen sight! I wouldn't buy it though because I have all perfectly good copies of the games! (monkey madness, and MI3 original)

Originally posted by Chastan

Is this the Jewel Case version that you find on those $10 CD Racks??? Are the MI1 & 2 the 256-color CD-ROM Talkie versions??? I have played the disk versions (which is all that is available on LucasArts.com!) but would love to try the CD versions. I am sure there is a MI1 Talkie, don't know about #2.

I'd also love to see the CD version of LOOM.

In fact, I'd love to see all the 256 color versions from that LucasArts adventure pack...

I doubt they could fit the MI1/2 CD into the jewel case - what you want to look for is the "Archive Series" which comes in a standard box, with the CMI cover plastered into a white frame. Also, there's no talkie version of MI1, however it comes with CD audio.

I know - say what you will about Sierra, at least they know how to make a compilation - they put makings of, trailers, everything.

And I also direly want a copy of Loom on CD. Re-release that you corporate bastards!

Archived