Home

Oldbies?

Hellbeard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have also been two or three other versions of the "Mojo Forums," not to mention the original SCUMM Bar's Posting Board, which is where this community basically started. I don't know how many people from that are still around though. Probably more than I'd think. Jim, for one. Heh. Heh.

So there could be some people who are pretty big "oldies" but you wouldn't know it from reg date or post count.

Yeah, their used to be the really, really sucky forums with threads shown like this

I AM POSTING SOMETHING

---RE: I AM POSTING SOMETHING

-------RE: RE: I AM POSTING SOMETHING

-----------RE: RE: RE: I AM POSTING SOMETHING

RE: I AM POSTING SOMETHING

---------------RE: RE: RE: RE: I AM POSTING SOMETHING

And that sucked. Hooray for new forums

A lot of the forum regulars preferred forums like that and still might for all I know. We tried to change to a properly threaded forum system like this one and everyone bitched so we put it back :)

Luckily nobody was around to bitch when these went online (because Mojo was still down), so we snuck it in.

Originally posted by scabb

Yeah, their used to be the really, really sucky forums with threads shown like this

I AM POSTING SOMETHING

RE: I AM POSTING SOMETHING

---------------RE: RE: RE: RE: I AM POSTING SOMETHING

And that sucked. Hooray for new forums

*Sniff* Ahh the good old days. At least the forum is purple now.

• 3 weeks later...

God, I used to be registered an age ago as "ghost_pirate_lechuck" - on the old mojo forums that was. LucasTones was just starting out, so I changed my name. Et Voila. Some people recognised me anyway, cos of my email address.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes....... I kept checking the site, but it was never up. Then one day it was mini-mojo. And all it said was something about LucasForums. I only signed up to keep me going until mojo was back. Then I realised that the forums were here to stay, so I stayed as well.

I have a confession, I don't actually remember registering in 2000, I just registered a few months ago I think! I don't know why but but I started posting in the LucasForums and It said I had 23 posts and that I registered in 2000! Now I may of registered in 2000 but that doesn't explain why I would have 23 posts!? I think I may of accidently took over someone elses account!? Metallus, can you look at my register info and explain to me what happend?

btw, please don't change my account!

I'm 90% sure that your scenario is this:

-You registered at the old Escapemi.com boards in 2000 and didn't post very often.

-The Escapemi.com forums were imported to Lucasforums and converted to vB, along with all of the old accounts. You stumbled upon LucasForums and logged in with your old account info from Escapemi, and it worked.

I join EMI.com forum in early October, however I know Met and bunch others since last August at Monkey Center and MIL...

too bad I joined late, I actully remember visiting MI sites when CMI went out in 1997...

Originally posted by Metallus

I'm 90% sure that your scenario is this:

-You registered at the old Escapemi.com boards in 2000 and didn't post very often.

-The Escapemi.com forums were imported to Lucasforums and converted to vB, along with all of the old accounts. You stumbled upon LucasForums and logged in with your old account info from Escapemi, and it worked.

That wouldn't work because I never recalled posting in any of the Message boards. Also, I wouldn't of known to use the name Hellbeard because I got EMI in DEC for christmas and that is where I got the name from!

As far as I know, there are a few bugs in the whole thing 'cos of all the server moves etc. I don't know that as a fact or anything, I just assume. I mean, last time I checked the earliest members page it had a load of people who registered in 1965 and never posted. I dunno if its still the same, but that's obviously wrong.

Archived