Home

2 notes about 1.04 patch

V-tecc

Ho and by the way, while chang khan is here i ll ask just a little question :D

Is it possible , either by using console value or by modding, to use the same code used to block ranged attacks ( bolts and saber throw ) to block saber slashes ??? ( yes i m a coder ....but as all coders i m lazy :D )

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize that the blocking arc is rideculous, but most skilled players can find a way to land the hits, even without special moves. So if the damage was increased, I'd be happy, but I don't represent the community, so hey.

Can you guys remember the blocking in jk1? It was hideous. You used one of those "double swings", and your opponent was more or less guaranteed to be hit. That is not the type of blocking I'm after. Same blocking frequency, no blocking from behind (especially not during supermoves like lunge and DFA) and an increased damage. Anyone know of a mod that does this?

In my opinion you don't need a mod to do that.

Try this:

seta g_saberghoul2collision 0 - Less Saber Blocking.

seta g_sabertracesaberfirst 0 - Less Saber Blocking.

seta g_saberdamagescale 4 - Saber Damage x 4 (Default 1)

(4x - Prevents special move and kick spam.)

The damagescale is something you'll want to play with.

Originally posted by cjais

I'm after. Same blocking frequency, no blocking from behind (especially not during supermoves like lunge and DFA) and an increased damage. Anyone know of a mod that does this?

Well that s what i m after too and since no one is tweaking the blockin arc i decided to finally get my hands dirty with the code ........say "goodbye world" ;)

The damagescale is something you'll want to play with.

Definately! I'm gonna try this one soon, although I cant play the so much next few days. I hope all the server admins are gonna try experiment with that variable. And the others too, so you can customize the game to your preference, and other's.

Originally posted by QuietSith

In my opinion you don't need a mod to do that.

Well sadly we need to cause lowering the guard renders all the guard unreliable even front arc

What i want is to have a strong guard forward, almost ( or totally ) no guard for flanks and zero guard for rear

That way blocking will recquire at last some skill ( like it does for blocking ranged attacks )

And by the way modding is allways an experience good to know

ChangKhan

I think that even in Duels SaberTrace should be OFF. Because with it on all people try only the Red Stance to have at least a possiblity to do high damage. There is no reason to use Yellow/Blue since in case you hit the enemy he will not lose a lot. And then come the kicks and the massed DFAs & AirFlips.

Also with SaberTrace ON players that do massing DFA's and Airflip get no disadvantage because even in the Idle time of these moves they can defend 90% of your saber attacks. That's crazy. Normally the prediction of the enemy doing DFA should be awarded by at least one Saber Swing and this is Defended even if you hit him in the back.

Originally posted by V-tecc

And I'll let that uncalled for insult stand as a testament of YOUR mental capacity (or lack there of it) and as a example of your obvious theory of treatment of fellow man.

Did you play 1.02 for a brief moment? - Oh how good, and with all that vast experience you still dont know how to dodge a kick?

/based on your most humorous comparison of JK2 with Karate Kid in another thread.... veeeerry funny .. *yaaawn*

And to comment the only non-moronic comment you had:

So you think autoblocking makes heated fights?

why dont you loop the SW movies? Since you are such a fan of watching. I on the other hand like to have the game under my control, and not the other way.

Lastly: Stop replying to me.. pleeease

LOL V-Tecc

Why are these people jumping down your throat? I agree with what you are saying because you and I agree.

I think the simple question is this.

Why is the removal of every tactic that is difficult to defend seen as conducive to a higher skilled enviroment?

It seems to me that by eliminating viable options in combat and adding a very powerful defensive ability that takes zero movement to use, is not a move geared towards increasing skill.

~I hope that you don't mind that I wrote to you V-Tecc.

PS to the guy who said 1.02 takes no skill, you have no idea what you are talking about. Go back to 1.02 and see what its like now. Duels are long lasting because ALL 1.02 players have learned to avoid the DFA. And they didn't need a patch!

Originally posted by FatalStrike

LOL V-Tecc

Why are these people jumping down your throat? I agree with what you are saying because you and I agree.

I think the simple question is this.

Why is the removal of every tactic that is difficult to defend seen as conducive to a higher skilled enviroment?

It seems to me that by eliminating viable options in combat and adding a very powerful defensive ability that takes zero movement to use, is not a move geared towards increasing skill.

~I hope that you don't mind that I wrote to you V-Tecc.

PS to the guy who said 1.02 takes no skill, you have no idea what you are talking about. Go back to 1.02 and see what its like now. Duels are long lasting because ALL 1.02 players have learned to avoid the DFA. And they didn't need a patch!

No I certainly dont mind :)

On the contrary I am very happy to see that the smart and logical people like your self agree with me.

I have read some of you're other posts in these forums and I totally agree with you and like the way you think and write.

I just hope Raven and/or Lucas is paying attention to more then just the people who say things like: "Get rid of Drain, coz its g@y"

cjais, in JK1 u can't survive two hits from the saber, nope, not even with bacta. Unless you're sabering on oasis or someother map than BGJ, which is pretty stupid. spawning with 100/100, a hit from the saber brings you down to 2/0 if you healed yourself, you would be 100/0, but the only intrest in having health after you're hit is to survive a fall. Of course, you could be one of those people who sabered with primary swings....:rolleyes:

"Result= 1.03(04): Dark Vs. Light ....light is the more powerful now!"

Well, I don't really think Dark is any less stronger than Light now. The main problem with Dark in 1.3 is that it was alot easier to get knocked down, due to being pulled down alot, because of the lack of any sort of absorb power. So basically anyone using Dark was backstab/sweep fodder (usually, but not always, I and I've seen some other Dark users that could own a backstab whoring light user).

Now, since backstab and knockdown isn't really a big thing, specially now that you can push while on the ground now. I believe Dark is now as it should be. The offensive side. Light being defensive. I love Dark personally, although I use both. But I usually use Dark now, since it's much more fun. I might dare say Dark is stronger than Light now in the right cases, but it's so close to call, it mainly depends on the people using both.

I'd say Dark and Light now, are as balanced as they've ever been.

Just learn to master both, you'll notice the difference.

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

cjais...you didn't call for backup...but here it is anyways:)

Hehe, I didn't need backup Twins, but thanks anyway....

V-tecc apparently had nothing else to do except showing us all his l33t shadow-boxing skillz.... For the last time, shadowboxing against me doesn't equal respect in debating V.

cjais, in JK1 u can't survive two hits from the saber, nope, not even with bacta. Unless you're sabering on oasis or someother map than BGJ, which is pretty stupid. spawning with 100/100, a hit from the saber brings you down to 2/0 if you healed yourself, you would be 100/0, but the only intrest in having health after you're hit is to survive a fall. Of course, you could be one of those people who sabered with primary swings....

LOL, no I guess I can't remember that far back it seems....

But what I recalled, the nasty doubleswings could manage to hit you for only 1 hit, dealing sub-100 damage, but I could easily be wrong here.

Hehe, yeah you should have tried fighting only with primary swings! Great fun! Except, you had SUCH an urge to doubeswing your opponent to death when the wussy normal swings failed to hit for the 48th time....

Well, imagine that everyone started out with the BFG in quake, do you then think that they'd use anything else? When certain supermoves are too good, they get balanced - It's a patchers job really. That they then can balance things out by weakening the good moves or strengthening the weak moves, is a choice for them to make. But I think that they made useless choice, since no one wanted even more tedious, drawn-out fights in CTF for instance.

I'd say that when everything is equal, and your creativity is rewarded in fights, then the gaming enviroment is skilled, but this is not the case, yet.

About the blocking, you are true in that the blocking takes no skill to use, but it takes skill to get past, and that is where the low saberdamage kicks in and makes it unrewarding to use normal saberslashes.

Originally posted by cjais

ChangKhan, I noticed that you wrote that the flawed "painsounds" were fixed. I don't know what you mean by this, but when I play 1.04 and get hit for 1(!) damage, my model screams as is he got hit for 40 damage. Anyone else have this problem, or am I wrong here?

Windows - Control Panel - Multimedia.

Turn down Sound Accel one notch.

i like blocking alot, i can still hack down an above average player in less then 10 seconds with these settings:

saberdamagescale 2

i like fighting with normal settings too, but i like playing around from 1 to 4. any1 try saberdamagescale 0?? its halarious! btw, you can also do saberdamagescale 2.3 or .3 or whatever

Okay, people keep complaing about dark being weak. Maybe you should step into the shoes of a lightside user.

In 1.02, if someone grips you, they can immediatly toss you over the edge before you can push or use absorb. Extremely cheap. With 1.03/1.04, it isn't as easy to get kills with it, making it BALANCED. I have gotten TONS of grip kills in 1.03/1.04. It's not useless.

As for Drain, well, um if you played light, it could drain ALL your mana within under two seconds (before you could hit absorb), and then you could be instantly gripped over an edge without any protection at all.

I fail to see why you people cannot see the glaring imbalances of 1.02 Force, especially when you've only played one side of it.

ya i want to here why lightside is so overpowered. every1 complains about absorbe. well usually with absorbe, you can't use much force or you'll run out faster then you can say some short word. so just because you can't kill a lighty with lightning and have to use your saber doesn't mean light is overpowered. i've seen many many darkies kill lighties no problem with force only.

You still didnt fix the freezing and crashing bugs :mad:. You guys at Raven really should be reading the Game Feedback and Tech Support forums, instead of dissapearing and then releasing these patches that everyone ends up hating. You have no concern for your customers at all and are horrible at software maintenence.

Yeah, multiplayer gameplay is good now, but there are still bugs in the game. Me, along with a ****load of people on the tech support forum have this game constantly freezing or just crashing all the time for no reason at all.

Also, there are some minor bugs like if you have too many skins, the ones from the game dont even show in the selection menu anymore. Seems like there is a limit on how many models/skins to show or something.

Also, I'd like to see the difficulty of single player toned down. It's just too hard sometimes; I'm not saying redo the levels but tone down the enemies weapons like rocket troopers and increase the damage you can inflict.

Originally posted by Demolisher

Also, I'd like to see the difficulty of single player toned down. It's just too hard sometimes; I'm not saying redo the levels but tone down the enemies weapons like rocket troopers and increase the damage you can inflict.

type g_spskill 0 if thats still too hard, practice or youre doing something wrong...

No offence but single player wasn't that hard unless youre on jedi master mode.

Dude if you got gripped and pushed you were too slow it wasn't the games fault. I play 1.02 a lot and this "can grip and throw you before you can absorb" idea you posted is a lie.

But this is just part of a trend in this community. Everything that can beat you, in most player logic, must be a problem with the game.

Why does everyone want to make this game easier!

This is what we have done to the game since the patch came out.

The DFA- gone because you couldn't avoid it.

Saber - Weak because you shouldn't die in less then 40 minutes

Force Pull - can't find absorb or protection so you nerfed it

Force heal- took you hours to land a hit so this just made it too hard to kill anyone

Force Drain - once again to slow with absorb, so its dead

Force grip - once again couldn't find absorb, push, or pull so its also weaker

This is the game now.

NEXT- a patch to mess up other peples FPS because thier computer is better then yours.

*gets off his soap box*

-Fatal

Originally posted by FatalStrike

Dude if you got gripped and pushed you were too slow it wasn't the games fault. I play 1.02 a lot and this "can grip and throw you before you can absorb" idea you posted is a lie.

But this is just part of a trend in this community. Everything that can beat you, in most player logic, must be a problem with the game.

Why does everyone want to make this game easier!

This is what we have done to the game since the patch came out.

The DFA- gone because you couldn't avoid it.

Saber - Weak because you shouldn't die in less then 40 minutes

Force Pull - can't find absorb or protection so you nerfed it

Force heal- took you hours to land a hit so this just made it too hard to kill anyone

Force Drain - once again to slow with absorb, so its dead

Force grip - once again couldn't find absorb, push, or pull so its also weaker

This is the game now.

NEXT- a patch to mess up other peples FPS because thier computer is better then yours.

*gets off his soap box*

-Fatal

Hehe... well put Fatal! - Comically yet logically.

He's right, everything that took a bit of skill or training to avoid or perform has been taken out of the game.

Next up: Kick

Note: Take a look at what the 1.03/04-for sayers argument about, for example:

"Too hard to push away gripers" - In other words: This was to difficult for me to do / protect my self against. - No one says: "That's to easy"

Archived