Home

Cartoon Trivia! (Hey, why not?)

Havoc Stryphe

Originally posted by WolfmanNCSU

LOL, the snorks! Much better than the smurfs anyday.

You're right on both counts! :D

Next Question:

What was the name of the very talented man who did the voice characterizations for every character in the Cartoon series Looney Toones and Merry Melodies?

Unanswered BONUS QUESTION: This Cartoon series featured a boy with a magic chalkboard and all he drew on the chalkboard would come to life. Name the series!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DashRendar

Mel Blanc...not sure...

But I think that the Bonus is Chalkworld.

Well, DashRendar decided to get a little action in the Cartoon Trivia thread :D

Very Well Done Dash! (On the Mel Blanc part)

On the Bonus Question, you're the closest one yet and definetly on the right track, keep trying! :D

Next Question:

What Studio originally produced the Tom and Jerry Cartoon series?

Unanswered BONUS QUESTION: This Cartoon series featured a boy with a magic chalkboard and all he drew on the chalkboard would come to life. Name the series!

Havoc, I'm not quite sure, but I think I got the name of the Bonus Question right. It used to me on Cartoon Network...but now it's on nickelodeon. Hmmmm maybe it's just a spinoff of what you're thinking of.

O and would it happen to be Hanna Barberra (sp.?)

Originally posted by DashRendar

Havoc, I'm not quite sure, but I think I got the name of the Bonus Question right. It used to me on Cartoon Network...but now it's on nickelodeon. Hmmmm maybe it's just a spinoff of what you're thinking of.

O and would it happen to be Hanna Barberra (sp.?)

Not quite, but good guess with Hanna-Barbara :)

As far as the BONUS question, I'm going to give some hints so that we find out if you really do have the right answer.

*GIANT HINT*

The Cartoon series in question Originally aired in Europe, but was later replayed in the United States during the Show, Captain Kangaroo then later, yes, it aired on Nickelodeon, during the spinwheel program. This series also inspired one of Mike Meyers Saturday Night Live Characters who drew on a chalkboard in the bathtub (The original Cartoon character did NOT draw in the bathtub, though).

the original theme song went:

"Well you know my name is *****,

and the things I draw come true,

Oh pictures take me, take me over,

Climb the ladder with you."

But the series was not titled, Chalkworld, but it is very close to some of the title (in other words, the title is longer that that, and that word is VERY CLOSE to one of the words in the actual title) :D

*END GIANT HINT*

Question still unanswered:

What Studio originally produced the Tom and Jerry Cartoon series?

I'm fairly certain thet Tom and Jerry was originally put forth by MGM. I remember that in some of the earlier T&J cartoons, they actually had Tom in the MGM circle (where the lion would usually be) yowling...

As for the bonus question, I only saw the cartoon a couple of times, though I used to watch Myer's spinoff of Simon on SNL quite a bit. I could be wrong, but I think it's something like Simon in the Land of Chalk Creatures (or Objects or People). I could be wrong though :confused:

Kryllith

Originally posted by Kryllith

I'm fairly certain thet Tom and Jerry was originally put forth by MGM. I remember that in some of the earlier T&J cartoons, they actually had Tom in the MGM circle (where the lion would usually be) yowling...

As for the bonus question, I only saw the cartoon a couple of times, though I used to watch Myer's spinoff of Simon on SNL quite a bit. I could be wrong, but I think it's something like Simon in the Land of Chalk Creatures (or Objects or People). I could be wrong though :confused:

Kryllith

Right-O! :D MGM was the studio and that's how I remember too. Jerry yowling in the MGM circle! ;)

Ah, got it now, "Simon In The Land Of Chalk Drawings"

But Kryllith basically gave it to me, just missed by one lousy word. Good work Kryllith, O gets the square for the win.

Yeah, I think I'll give it to Kryllith, but nice job puting the finishing touches on it, Wolfman! ;)

Next Question:

This Vegetable juice drinking Vampire's mode of transportation was his teleporting castle, Name the Character (which is also the name of the Cartoon series)!

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

Next Question:

This Vegetable juice drinking Vampire's mode of transportation was his teleporting castle, Name the Character (which is also the name of the Cartoon series)!

Just a guess, i never watched the show but.....beetle juice?

He was a vampire, right? Well, he was all scary looking anyways. And his name is the name of the show. I really never watched many cartoons.

Ahhhh, an old classic, "Count Duckula"

You are correct, good sir! :D

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I want half a point!

Mission: Magic

After reading your link, I think it still can't be confused with "Simon in the land of Chalk Drawings" because I said boy and he drew not teacher and Whatever he drew came true nothing about portals and dimensions! :p

But what the 'ell, 1/2 point to Rhett for doing some research. Albeit wrong! :D

Next Question:

On Disney's new animated series, Kim Possible, what's the name and what kind of animal is Ron Stoppable's pet?

Originally posted by STTCT

A hairless rat named rufes!

damn that disney kim possible song... now i got that stupid song stuck in my head

Call me, beep me

if you wanna reach me!

What, that song? :p

You're correct! Well he's actually a "naked mole rat", but you were close enough! :D

Next Question:

In the long running Fox Cartoon series, The Simpsons, In the episode where the Simpsons are placed in the witness protection agency to keep Bart from Sideshow Bob, what was their last name changed to?

Originally posted by STTCT

stupid song!! ahh! starts humming "the simpsons...do do dooodododododododo"

the thompsons

Very Good! :D

Next Question:

According to this Cartoon series, "an amazing transformation happens to Eric, when he eats a banana". Name the Cartoon series! (HINT: The cartoon series also featured a crow named "Crow")

Hmmm, I am not sure about the names of the characters on the show, but I think your talking about "Bananaman." He turned into a super hero named Bananaman when he ate a banana.

Right on! :D

Next Question:

What cartoon series featured the characters Hank, Bobby, Sheila, Eric, and Presto? (Definately not names you would associate with this genre of Cartoon!)

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

Right on! :D

Next Question:

What cartoon series featured the characters Hank, Bobby, Sheila, Eric, and Presto? (Definately not names you would associate with this genre of Cartoon!)

Hank = Ranger

Bobby = Barbarian

Sheila = Thief

Eric = Cavilier

Presto = Magician

(And you're missing the Acrobat, though her name eludes me anyway)

The cartoon, of course, is Dungeons and Dragons...

Kryllith

Originally posted by Kryllith

Hank = Ranger

Bobby = Barbarian

Sheila = Thief

Eric = Cavilier

Presto = Magician

(And you're missing the Acrobat, though her name eludes me anyway)

The cartoon, of course, is Dungeons and Dragons...

Kryllith

Wow! Naming their classes to boot! :D (yeah, I can't rmember her name either, that's why I left her out! ;) ) Very Good!

Next Question:

From the Cartoon Series, Space Ace, what is the main female character's name?

Why did you have to ask for the female. I never watched the cartoon of this one, but I know that it existed and there was a PC game made based off of that. The good guy is Dextor and the Bad guy is Borf, but the chick......DAMN IT. :D

Hehe! I din't want it too easy! :p

The Question still standing:

From the Cartoon Series, Space Ace, what is the main female character's name?

Archived