Home

the Secret of Monkey Island Theme

Mr. Teliot

Here's something new... to me at least.

It just occured to me how weird that song is. I mean it's really good but, uugh! the time signature is constantly changing. Try stomping to the beat and counting.

I think the main part is something like 1 bar 7/4 and then 1 bar 4/4 then 1 bar 7/4 again and then 1 bar 4/4 again and so on. Then in the second part it's 4/4 all through then it changes to 7/4 for a little while and then back to the 7/4, 4/4 stuff again.

edit: This above is all wrong. I now know how it really is but I'm not telling you.

Okay, there are stranger things like pink floyd's "Money" but umm..

Am i rambling?

you must analyze if you intend to steal.

Soon to come: the Mr. teliot version of the MI theme! WOO!

I'll let you guys decide.

1. just a remake in the same style

2. odd time disco version

3. Dj Teliot Abstract hiphop remix

4. Speed metal cover

Originally posted by LucasTones

This is like the chemist who looks at a flower and sees molecules: don't analyse, appreciate.

How interesting, that was the subject in Dexter's Laboratory last night.

Okay.. Maybe money and MI siong aren't that strange when you just listen to them but that's because they're both so amazingly well written. They do include some really unusual stuff but it still comes out as natural to the listen.

BUT! if you're playing rythm guitar and are supposed to make chord strike on number 3 in every bar. It get's kinda annoying in the bridge (or whatever that is).

one two THREE four five six seven (<-main riff) one two THREE four one two THREE four one two THREE four five six (main riff again ->)one two THREE four five six seven

I'm glad I got to play the drums. I couldn't handle the guitar stuff.

Great song, though.

I made a few monkey island mp3's for my site once. I have no musical knowledge, I was just playing around with free software:

-South American Monkey Island (MP3 732kb)

I think it sounds very native South American, like Amazon type stuff. It uses the Monkey Island 2 intro as the basis.

-Depressing Monkey Island (MP3 614kb)

It's nothing clever, just a bit of audio editing (I used the EMI intro as a basis.)

-Rum Rogers (MP3 416kb)

This is quite cool, its just a really bass-y version of the Rum Rogers theme from Monkey Island 2: LeChucks revenge.

Also, these ones from Day of the Tentacle:

-Trailer (MP3 500kb)

This is an MP3 that I made for Imuse Island. It was never uploaded though, as the site had been taken offline during the Mixnmojo server move before I'd finished it. It plays like a movie trailer... just without the actual movie.

-Green T and the Sushi Platter (MP3 212kb)

This is one you'll either love or hate. It's simply an edited version of the MIDI of the same name, but I beefed it up and added background noise to make it sound like it was being being performed by some heavy metal mosher type band. Head-banging.

I kinda like the speed metal cover - been listening to a heavy metal cover of Maniac Mansion non-stop while coding on the kickstand. Hoping to compile my own (personal use) mix cd featuring remixes and covers of lec themes - so much good fan music out there. :)

And yes, my Monkey Kombat song is on there too, just in case anyone was wondering. lol

Hey, thanks! :D I didn't know how well that one would go down, because not everyone likes that kind of music. I don't mind it, but I prefer The Beatles or something. But I do like that DOTT one. Thanks!

Archived