Home

Does Maximino's Office Really exist?

CHAOSMAN

ive seen screenshot of maximino's office, but ive played the game through many times and have never seen this, was this not included in the game or is their a secret way to access would really like to know because this would get me playing the game all over again just to find out thanks ;)

Ooh, I know, I know! I played through Grim Fandango the first time without stepping into his office. It doesn't serve any purpose but more interaction with characters, so you don't need to talk to him to beat the game.

However, I found his office the second time around. You have to go in there BEFORE Nick leaves his seat at the table, and you won't have the option to go in there after Nick is in the meeting with Max.

• 2 weeks later...

I still fluke through the pipes

on the tree bit, no idea at all

what is happening there,

I figure the folks at Lucasarts

took pity and if you do it

enough times, they give it to you.

and the roundabout in the trees

was annoying too, I drove them

so many times and never thought

to grab the sign post.

I also never quite remember

where to stick the silly sign

once I have it.

as for a header on Maximino's office

I am not there yet but will save game

and try for it and the lounge once

I do get there. I have been so busy

with other stuff and building

Calaverablanca that I have not played

in a long time now.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question: In year three, you're supposed to have a conversation with Domino in his office at the edge of the world. I know, because I listened to it with SCUMMRev. But I'm damned if I can figure out how to initiate dialogue with him, I've tried everything I can think of but there just doesn't seem to be a way. Anyone know how?

Someone posted the answer to this on the adventuregamers.com forums a while back. I'd post a link, but they're down right now. Snarl.

The gist of it is, there was originally a lot more dialogue than was included in the finished game. It was removed so as to be less patronising to the player (who can figure most of it out by himself), but the speech files were overlooked and left in.

The original poster was a semi-regular here anyway, so they'll set me right if I'm wrong. :)

Originally posted by Huz

The original poster was a semi-regular here anyway, so they'll set me right if I'm wrong. :)

Yeah, I was the one who posted that. I don't know about 'patronising' so much as they cut things that connected the dots for the player. The year three stuff with Domino doesn't all fall into that category; maybe there were time pressures involved that made it simpler to cut the whole thing rather than specific lines/dialog options. But that's just a guess.

Archived