Home

Best Summer Flick?

Captain Fett

Originally posted by jediduo

I think AotC was the best, of course, but a very close second was Minority Report. Now THAT was a good movie.

I thought Minority Report was a little off the deep end, if you know what i mean. It was just a little too wierd for me.

Anyways, i like AOTC best, then The Bourne Identity.

I don't know if there's one I like above all the rest.

Signs was unintentionally the funniest movie I've seen this summer. "I'm insane with anger!" Laughed well for the first time this year.

The Bourne Identity was intriguing. The plot was a little weird, but it was fleshed out well.

I've got to watch the rest of the movies later on so I can grouse about them here. :p

I have only seen 2 movies this summer, AoTCs and Spirit (yeah, my girl friend made me take her, she loves horses and thought they were drew well). I am going to wait a while and catch Minority Report and Austin Power at the 1.50 theater. But I am definitly going to see the Two Towers at the end of the year. :D

Attack of the Clones and Spiderman were both good. Haven't seen Minority Report (probably wait til video, though I've heard good things about it). Reign of Fire was also pretty good. The last few movies I've seen were AotC (4th time), LotR (3rd time) and Ice Age (6th time). Since I just got paid, I might go see XXX, Austin Powers, or Signs this weekend. :)

Kryllith

1. AOTC (Bigging Dang battle I've ever seen on a screen!)

2. Minority Report (Too Friggin cool)

[edit]3. Austing Powers and Goldmember (Wierd...but halarious)[/edit]

4. Spiderman (um...it was good...)

5. MIBII

I think that's all the theatre movies I've seen this summer.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Reign of Fire was soooooo bad. :o

WHAT!?? How could you think that? It rocked! I loved it! I mean the action scenes were about as good as I've seen and it literally had me sitting on the edge of my seat! What could you possibly have been wrong with it?

Oh and BTW, Lilo and Stich was actually good.

Yeah, the acton scenes were cool but the story was amazingly, blindingly, painfully, bad.

They eat ash? o_O

We couldn't kill them with nukes but we can with axes? o_O

Even though they eat ash, they look like cornivorous animals. o_O

They started the Ice Age because of the smoke of burning rubble? o_O

The list, goes on and on.

The Star Wars re-inactment was cool though. :D

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Yeah, the acton scenes were cool but the story was amazingly, blindingly, painfully, bad.

They eat ash? o_O

We couldn't kill them with nukes but we can with axes? o_O

Even though they eat ash, they look like cornivorous animals. o_O

They started the Ice Age because of the smoke of burning rubble? o_O

The list, goes on and on.

The Star Wars re-inactment was cool though. :D

ok, let's review,

A) cArnivorous...they eat lot o' meat, not corn

B) nukes are explosive weapons...big boom....axes are simple, they cut and it never showed one being killed by an axe...exploding arrow to the glands, yes...axe, no

C) Saying they feed off of ash is like saying the Sith feeds off fear...it's a figure of speech

D) The smoke could blot out the sun and cause unusual temperature changes....only, it'd have to be massive fires, the only thing i know of that has achieved this is volcanoes (esp. in the Philippines for some reason). Enough smoke can cause temperature variations.

The only problem I saw was a tiny size discrepancy...one shot it's destorying an entire castle, later on, it's walking through the rubble of London with little difficulty

so, what else ya got, Rhett?

Originally posted by Darth Homer

ok, let's review,

A) cArnivorous...they eat lot o' meat, not corn

B) nukes are explosive weapons...big boom....axes are simple, they cut and it never showed one being killed by an axe...exploding arrow to the glands, yes...axe, no

C) Saying they feed off of ash is like saying the Sith feeds off fear...it's a figure of speech

D) The smoke could blot out the sun and cause unusual temperature changes....only, it'd have to be massive fires, the only thing i know of that has achieved this is volcanoes (esp. in the Philippines for some reason). Enough smoke can cause temperature variations.

The only problem I saw was a tiny size discrepancy...one shot it's destorying an entire castle, later on, it's walking through the rubble of London with little difficulty

so, what else ya got, Rhett?

Okey dokey,

1. There was only one dragon. Him. Where did the others come from? Did he grow a you-know-what and make sweet sweet love to himself? o_O Please don't tell me he went and dug of some women...

2. The world has basically been completely destroyed but the castle magically has electricity. I guess people have been hoarding gas and gas generators away for years and years. o_o

3. How about the scene were he goes digging through the dead dragon and pulls out an egg. How amazingly pointless was that? :D It served no purpose whatsoever.

4. It specifically says in the movie that they eat ash. More than once, even. I guess they need those huge carnivorous teeth to tear through all that ash meat. :D

5. At the begining, when that boy is wondering down in the ground and get's a face full of something. Snot? *shrug* anyway. Dragons must have amazing aim and some pretty ****ed up snot. :D

6. No way that they could burn enough to darken the entire earth.

Ok.. so.. what's your point? :D The atomic bombs didn't work but them explosive arrows.... whew... watch out for those suckers!

8. where did the female helicopter pilot get that sexy mascara for her eyes? :D No time for shaving or any other hygenic thing but, mysteriously, they still have factories cranking out cases of mascara in the future. Go figure.

9. If these things mate like fish, ie the female lays a bunch of eggs, and the male fertalizes them, why is there an egg growing an embrio in the females uterus?

Siddig, of Star Trek fame said it all with his interview, of "it looks a bit ****, really".

The "Arc Angel" scene was totally awesome though.

1) they explained that...dragon eggs were dormant for thousand of years...male escapes whatever is holding him and begins to fertilize the pre-existing eggs

2) ok, you got one

3) it was pointless, yes but made for an interesting scene

4) it's a metaphor!! Darth Maul feeds off fear...does that mean he actually eats fear? noooo....it's a frigin figure of speech!

5) "Dragons have great vision during the day. They can see even better at night." Remeber that line? Or were you watching a different movie?

6) I agree with this point, the "brought about the ice age" thing was thrown in for dramatic emphasis

7) exploding arrow hit the two glands that produced the "natural napalm"...I'm sure if you dropped a bomb down their throats it would've done the same thing.

8) ok, got another...I noticed the lipstick more, myself...and Matthew McCoughgeffeehey's character still had a cigar, too...

9) I couldn't tell that it was it's uterus, just a part of the dragon that was cut open...it was in the general area, but we don't really know the physiology of the dragons

Even if it wasn't a uterus, there was a baby inside of the thing he held up. It doesn't work that way. They say it doesn't work that way even.

It's not about being able to see the kid, it about a thing of that size being able to shoot a tiny bit of that stuff with such great accuracy. I still want to know what the stuff was. :D

In the movie they tried using nukes but it somehow didn't help. :confused:

maybe it meant that they came back...it didn't destroy them and keep them out of a certain area...the dragons were killed by the nukes, but more just filled in where the others had been killed

maybe what was held up was the dragon equivalent of an egg...

and the snot issue...well, who knows? maybe they are the world-record holders in the distance and accuracy spitting competion

:D

Archived