Home

Favourite tunes...

Hi-Jinx

What would be your favourite tunes of all time from each of the MI games? I guess mine would be:-

MI1:- Melee Island Map theme, LeChuck's Theme, Ghostship Theme, Love Theme, Voodoo-Lady's theme.

MI2:- Largo's Theme, Kate Capsize/Booty Island Theme, Fish Fry, LeChuck's Lament, Escape from LeChuck's Fortress, Underground Tunnels 1,2+3. End Theme, Stabbing Largo, Jojo the Monkey Theme.

CMI:- Rollercoaster of Death, Duelling Banjos, blood Island's Clearing Theme, The Ship Song, Main Theme.

EMI:- Herman's Theme, Charles L Charles Theme, Mansion Theme, Marco De Polo's Theme, Monkey Kombat Theme, Church of Lechuck Theme.

There's prolly a few that I forgot to add, but they're my most listened to themes.

Hmm...lets think...

MI1-- Main theme, love theme, ghost dance, Melee church and... Monkey island map theme

MI2-- For some reason the music on my copy never works, but from what i remember....

Main Theme, skeleton dance, escaping lechucks dungeon, Largo's theme, scabb island map...

CMI-- banjo duel, Pirate song, danjer cove, i can't remember any more

EMI-- Lucre Lawyers, Vista point theme, Charles L Charles, Scummbar Deadeye daves theme

First of all, I like the main theme song for all the MI games. But here are my favorites.

SOMI- The SCUMM Bar, used ship emporium, and the circus.

LCR- Voodoo Lady, LeChuck's mansion

CMI- Nearly all, especially pirate ships(if there is a tune)

EFMI- Church of LeChuck, Lucre Island, Jambalaya Island, Planet Threepwood

There's more, but I can't remember any.

Oh, and if some of these don't have tunes, they should, and they should probably be some good tunes.

Changes all the time for me, but...

MI1 - Main theme, Monkey Island Map

MI2 - Anything on Phatt Island, Dinky Island, Largo's Theme

CMI - Barbery Coast, Puerto Pollo, Blood Island Map

EMI - Ultimate Insult, Lucre Lawyers, Outside Pegnose's Cave, Mystes O'Tyme

MI1 - I dunno.

MI2 - Hmm... Scabb Island overview, Rapp Scallion's theme, Governor Phatt's music (I can't remember which one was best... either outside or inside the mansion, but I don't think the one in his room was as good), Phatt Waterfall, LeChuck's fortress (both the hanging theme and the one that starts when Guybrush climbs out of the box), underground tunnel music.

CMI - Rollercoaster of death

*Glances over at RemiO before she gets banned for advertising useful sites*

Well, If you look about on Imuse's site, theres a -lot- of excellent remixs/fan created MP3's and midis on there that actually leave you with a tune stuck in your head all day.

If you ever get the chance to have a browse through it, its worth it. Besides, WoMI, Scummbar and co are on the same server. Most fans have some sort of creativity.

(I'm alllowed to direct to resorceful sites, right?)

Please do. I quite like iMuse Island - they have a great Clint Bajakian interview there among other things. There's no one-stop Monkey Island site on the net, which again probably is good, as each site can concentrate on various aspects of the series (be it music, interviews, fan art, animations, in-game jokes, whatever). We try to have a little of everything at TSB, but obviously news and features/interviews are our strong points. Plus we'll be diving more into fanwork in the next few months.

SOMI - Ghost ship song, MI theme, LeChuck theme, STAN's theme

LCR - (oooh I've got so many) Booty Island Mardi Gras Fish Fry, Diving for the figurehead of the Mad Monkey, LeChuck's theme, Largo theme, Underground tunnels, The Skeleton Dance, STAN's theme, whistling, Weenie Hut, Dinky Island Main, Monkey Island main theme

CMI - Opening credits, Puerto Pollo Main, Ship Song, STAN's theme, banjo duel, credits, difficulty screen, Rollercoaser of death, et cetera

EfMI - Lucre Island Main, Microgroggery, The Scumm Bar™, LUA bar™, Planet Threepwood, STAN's Theme, Knuttin Atoll(nothing at all), VIsta Point, Credits, MainTheme and so much more...

THE COOK CHASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also that mad music that comes on inside the antiques shop on Booty Island.

The music when the trap is sprung inside LeChuck's fortress is great, too, as is most of the music in the tunnels and at the end of the game.

Originally posted by Huz

And also that mad music that comes on inside the antiques shop on Booty Island.

[/b]

I once went on a holiday to Canada. In the house I stayed in there was one of those pianos that aren’t actually pianos. Meaning, you put in a tube of special paper with holes in it, and pedaled quickly for it to play the music seemingly on it’s own. Of course, you could play it the traditional way as well, but that was no good for a person like me with no musical talent :)

Anyway, one of the tubes you could play was very similar to that antiques shop music. So I presume that they based the music on another song, a bit like what they did with the World Of Fish music.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Hellbeard

(that instrument is an organ)

But this had... pedals and stuff! :)

Anyway, back to the topic.

MI1 - Main theme, SCUMM bar, Ghosts

MI2 - Woodtick, Scabb Island, Captain Dread

CMI - Puerto Pollo, Wally crying, Goodsoup Hotel

EMI - House of sticks, Lawyers, Herman Toothrot

Archived