Home

The Dig -- 1991?

BooJaka

If you go to the LEC 20th Anniversary page and go to Sean Clark's profile, you can see a list of all the game's he's contributed to.

It's all well and good listing everything from Loom to FTII. However, if you look under 1991 it says that he was the Scripter and Assistant Designer for an unreleased version of The Dig.

I never knew The Dig was orignially dreamt up around 1991, do you? Does anyone know what it wasn't released?

The Dig was ages in development. It went through a few diferent project leaders too, and was delayed from release many times. I have a 4 page article on it in PC Gamer from like 1994, if anyone wants me to scan it.

Ok, I looked through all my old mags and this is what I have:

5 page interview with the main peeps at LucasArts re. The Dig

7 page interview with the main peeps at LucasArts re. Full Throttle

2 page advertisement for The Dig

To scan these to a readable level will mean that the filesizes will be huge! Thus it might take me a while to upload them. I'll only do The Dig article (5 pages) for now, and tell me if you want the others. (ie, Ben)

Refering to the page on LucasArts.com where this thread started from, there are so many inconsistencies.

It says Loom was released on the FM-Towns on Sean Clarkes page, but not in the interactive timeline. And on the timeline, they uploaded a re-release boxart of Night Shift!

Archived