Home

Sam and Max 2

Skinkie

BTW, for those interested, Steve Purcell will be working somewhat heavily on the sequel, you can count on it. Seems like much like he did on Hit the Road he'll work on story and dialogue, and oversee and direct the visual style that the artists are creating, while Stemmle handles direction and game design.

Originally posted by JBlink

Voices are over rated. Isnt what theyre saying more inportant than what they sound like?

... ok senario, put say, Bernard from DotT's voice in with Ben from Full Throttle... and then tell me voices are over rated... or say even switch the actors and have Sam be the high pitched voice and Max the lower... it doesn't work! Game voice is key, yes what they say IS more important but if they say it poorly or if the voice isnt one that you expect then it will ruin the whole thing!

Best example of voice meeting the character, Guybrush in CMI, just right...

YES!!!!

It's about time ... now we can sit back and soak up the concept art and sneak previews till 2004 ... (looks at watch)

Hello guys ... i'm new here, been following samandmax.net and mixnmojo.com for a while though, never had any reason to sign up and post. This is certainly reason enough!

Steve Purcell owns full rights to Sam and Max cause they were a comic series waaaay back before Hit the Road ... so i'm guessing he'll play a big role in the making of this one (as he said he would, if I remember an interview I read). Even if he doesn't, the producer of the project proved that he knows his stuff on the last game.

3 Cheers for lucasarts!!!

Oh, i traced this from some concept art i found, coulered it up a bit and I think it would make a cool avatar.

sam2.jpg

sam.jpg

im a samn max fan from way back..and always checked the sites on the net..1st we had the news that their would be a new comic, then that wouldnt be comin out...then that their was a cartoon then the disappointment that it was cancelled..then the news that sumthin great would be happenin on the ol brd..the news that their would be a comic strip..then that never happened..then the newso f a new game samnmax 2 then the disappointment that infinite machine had gone bankrupt and it wasnt gonna happen..now the news that every1 was been waiting 4..that ive been waitin 4 9 years!! lucasarts makin a sequel..it couldnt be better!! and we know lucasarts sure aint gonna go under....wooo hooo ( i was hierohero on the ol brds btw)

heres an email i sent steve recently...

>i bought sam & max hit the road when it came out in 93..when i was

>13..obviously one of my fav. games of all time..and an absolute

>classic...after waiting all these years..sam & max 2 will finally be

>made..im

>22 now..and i know its sad but i couldnt be happier! ahh i cant wait..wish

>you all the best with the game steve!

>peace

>

>tim

Hey Tim--

I'm always bumping into grown-ups who say, "I was a kid when I first played

Sam & Max!" Makes me feel a little decrepit but it's great that so many

people still have fond feelings for that old game. We'll try to do another

wacky romp that's true to Sam & Max. Thanks for writing!

--Steve P.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow!! yay for sam & max!! They are soo cool, in fact any of the adventure games Lucas Arts does is cool...anyway, I'm new here to this whole thingy, and I was wondering.....when does the new S&M come out??? Or hasn't the whole idea sort of thingy actually been finalised? Please someone tell me or I shall forever be going insane and stuff....so anyone who know this will be greatly appreciated (man, my brother is gonna be sooo happy!!)

WUV YA!! :D :D :D

god, you scare me sometimes, JBlink. BTW, Midgey, Mike Stemmle (producer/director/whatever dude) is also working on Full Throttle 2 right now, so I expect Sam and Max 2 to be a bit delayed because of this. Not to be depressing or anything, but I'd say that summer 2004 is probably closer to the truth.

Still the fact that we're going to have FT2 to play while we wait for Sam and Max is almost worth it, ain't it?

• 2 months later...

Archived