Home

ProMod Beta 2 -- Released!

ArtifeX

***UPDATE***

fileplanet.com now has Beta 2 available for download:

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/3dactionplanet/jediknight/promod_beta_2.zip

fileshack.com now has ProMod beta 2 available for download:

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=837

***UPDATE***

ProMod Beta 2 is finished, and has been sent to both jkii.net and fileshack.com. The files should be available any time now. There's a HUGE list of changes, that you can check out at the official site, which I am now updating.

Check it out:

http://www.oculis.org/promod/

If you can't wait for the sluggish jkii.net files section to update, try logging into the official game server (ip in my sig below), which has autodownload enabled. There's quite a few people in there right now, actually.

So what's changed? Tons. Here's an abbreviated, generalized list:

- New Offensive/Defensive Bonus system and Bonus Meters in the HUD.

- All movement now has an effect on your Combat Bonuses--watch your Meters as you move around.

- Force Sight now has difficulty seeing higher levels of Mind Trick.

- Force Sight's ability to dodge sniper fire is now dependent upon the Combat Strength Crosshair (CSC).

- Saber Defense's ability to block sniper fire is now dependent on the CSC.

- New console variables allow you to customize the ProMod HUD elements, including the color of the CSC.

- All saber damages (including saber throw) have been increased by 50% versus anyone wielding a gun.

- All private FFA duels end with the winner receiving 100 health and 25 shields.

- All reported bugs from Beta 1 have been fixed.

- Many more...

There you have it. Enjoy, and as always, contact me with any comments or suggestions: arsartifex@msn.com

I'll be updating this post with links as soon as i have them.

Hey Artifex!

I finally got the chance to drop in and check out the ProMod the other night! I'll d/l the new version right away! I'm glad it's been updated, too.... I kept getting this same message over and over: "killed by Lazaras." Musta got it a couple hundred times in the three HOURS that I played (man, time really flies when you're having your ass handed to you).

Anyway... the learning curve was a bit steep for me, but my kills increased as I got some practice in.

It's very difficult to get used to AIMING for a change... too bad Raven didn't put that necessity in on it's own <grin>.

Great Work!

SkinWalker

laz.jpg

Whooooo!

(NOTE: We didnt get to finish that match because we got inturpted bt Artifex for more beta testing, the final score before we stoped was 11-10 for him (kill limit 15), so don't take the pic the wrong way.)

Laz is a VERY good player btw, it's been awhile since i've been challanged like that.

Look for that in Beta 3. There was so much new stuff in Beta 2 already that I had to start pushing stuff off to a later version or it would never get released. It's coming though.

Originally posted by cYbErDuD

you didn't add knocking the saber out of the enemy's hand? (or the blocked saber throw, the saber fall to the ground) ?

that would have been interesting

Yeah, Lazarous is getting pretty good at this, especially since he's been helping me beta test, so has a pretty intimate knowledge of how the game works. He does have a weakness though--just switch to Blue stance and wait to attack until just after a successful block. That'll open up his defenses and let you get a clean hit or two in.

Remember that the new Mind Trick is very potent versus those with low levels of Force Sight.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Hey Artifex!

I finally got the chance to drop in and check out the ProMod the other night! I'll d/l the new version right away! I'm glad it's been updated, too.... I kept getting this same message over and over: "killed by Lazaras." Musta got it a couple hundred times in the three HOURS that I played (man, time really flies when you're having your ass handed to you).

Anyway... the learning curve was a bit steep for me, but my kills increased as I got some practice in.

It's very difficult to get used to AIMING for a change... too bad Raven didn't put that necessity in on it's own <grin>.

Great Work!

SkinWalker

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

hmmm, i'm gunna have to download it sometime...but now would be a bad time as i'll get blood all over the keyboard, typing with one hand i am

and you never answered me before....want me to help you out with the site?

http://jkhq.ath.cx

http://wc3.ogresnet.com

these are the two sites i've made that are actually good (lol)

Good sites twins! I've got the ProMod site a bit more under control now. Check it out. I'll let you know if it starts getting too big to handle.

First of all, nice mod Artifex!

Secondly, all the promod server owners need to be reminded to upgrade to beta 2. I downloaded beta 2 the other day and played last night on one SO NF Promod server. I guess they did not have the newest version yet because when I joined that Promod server, it was acting like regular basejk (no CSC, no meters, etc.). Is that what would happen if the versions were not matching up? I also tried to join another Promod server and it told me I didn't have promod.pk3 (or some similar filename) and wouldn't let me on. Promod beta 2 works fine when I create my own server so I think it is installed correctly on my end. I just started JK2, loaded the mod, then tried to join the server. Am I doing this right?

Also, I have not figured out the significance of the new offensive/defensive bonus meters in the HUD. What are they supposed to be telling me? Thanks!

Many of the server admins haven't yet upgraded. The message you're getting that's telling you to download something is evidence of that. Contact the admins of the server and let them know they need to upgrade! The other message you're getting is from someone who didn't install the new version correctly. Again, let them know there's a problem, and that they can contact me directly:

arsartifex@msn.com

There's a big (huge, monstrous) ProMod Strategy Guide going up today on the official site that will answer all of your questions about the CSC, the Bonus Meters, and sliced bread. I'm almost finished writing it, so it should be up in a few hours, tops.

Originally posted by txjeep

First of all, nice mod Artifex!

Secondly, all the promod server owners need to be reminded to upgrade to beta 2. I downloaded beta 2 the other day and played last night on one SO NF Promod server. I guess they did not have the newest version yet because when I joined that Promod server, it was acting like regular basejk (no CSC, no meters, etc.). Is that what would happen if the versions were not matching up? I also tried to join another Promod server and it told me I didn't have promod.pk3 (or some similar filename) and wouldn't let me on. Promod beta 2 works fine when I create my own server so I think it is installed correctly on my end. I just started JK2, loaded the mod, then tried to join the server. Am I doing this right?

Also, I have not figured out the significance of the new offensive/defensive bonus meters in the HUD. What are they supposed to be telling me? Thanks!

Originally posted by ArtifeX

There's a big (huge, monstrous) ProMod Strategy Guide going up today on the official site that will answer all of your questions about the CSC, the Bonus Meters, and sliced bread. I'm almost finished writing it, so it should be up in a few hours, tops.

Cool, thanks!

It would be nice if we could convince the ProMod server admins to start their server name with "ProMod" then the rest of their names, ie "ProMod =- The Hidden Valley Ranch Server."

That way, when we look for a server, it'll be alphabetical under "P" in the server list.

Yellow color will help, too. Maybe make ProMod yellow to highlight it.

Just my $0.02.... I spent several minutes trying to sort the promod servers from the others the other day....

SkinWalker

By the Way: I LOVE the new version! I'm really starting to get the hang of it.

I'd recommend grabbing a copy of QTracker (http://www.qtracker.com) or All-Seeing-Eye (http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/) server browsers. They allow you to sort all the servers by which mod they're running.

I used to just recommend QTracker, but it seems ASE finds more ProMod servers lately.

I will look into modifying the in-game browser, though.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

It would be nice if we could convince the ProMod server admins to start their server name with "ProMod" then the rest of their names, ie "ProMod =- The Hidden Valley Ranch Server."

That way, when we look for a server, it'll be alphabetical under "P" in the server list.

Yellow color will help, too. Maybe make ProMod yellow to highlight it.

Just my $0.02.... I spent several minutes trying to sort the promod servers from the others the other day....

SkinWalker

By the Way: I LOVE the new version! I'm really starting to get the hang of it.

Archived