Home

To Darth_Syrup(It is about ForceMod)

TheWhiteRaider

A suggestion for the grapple hook. You could make it so that you activate and deactivate it with a button... and then use the jump and crouch buttons to pull the player up or down (only if it's in use of course).

I was going to use the "USE" button, but i like your idea better.

BTW, the jetpack has been changed similarly - you now must hold the jump button in the air to turn it on, so you can jump around and walk off ledges without firing the engine up...it has a much better feel to it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, the jetpack has been changed similarly - you now must hold the jump button in the air to turn it on, so you can jump around and walk off ledges without firing the engine up...it has a much better feel to it.

Not too bad of a idea. I hate to knock someone off the egde with a jetpack. That might even somethings out.

what, you mean you have to press jump twice? once to jump, a second to start the jetpack? sounds a bit better than having a seperate button for turning it on...

Well, you still have to turn the pack on but it won't fire up everytime your feet leave the ground, only if you hold jump after you're airborne.

Hi again,

I was thinking that it would be interesting to have all the Merc tools (with the exception of the weapons) accessable through the Jedi force powers menu (since the Merc wouldn't use Force powers). In such way you could switch between grapple hook, say jetpack, etc with the click of a button just as Jedi's do with force powers, and activate the tool you want to use with the USE key. This would help balance Jedis and Mercs further IMHO.

Anyway, I realize this could be more of a problem than a solution, but I hope it can help you.

Decameron

Do you think you could add a cvar that could turn on and off the team play skins so that the default skins are used in all game types?

I actually am planning on doing that, but i probably won't implement it until the final release.

I was thinking that it would be interesting to have all the Merc tools (with the exception of the weapons) accessable through the Jedi force powers menu

Well, the new merc abilities are in the menu just like that (cloaking, tracking, flamethrower and ammo regen), but the jetpack and grapple are going to have their own keys.

Hey, first thing I want to say is I love your mod.

Second of all, I have a suggestion for your mod.

In Jediplus, and probably in some other mods, there's a feature that allows you to get weapons as ammo.

For instance, you get the repeater, you can get it again for ammo, even though you already have it.

I personally think this is a great feature, would you consider adding it?

any more news on the timeframe we can expect it in?

....Umm, i hope by the end of November. But i've only gotten about 1/10 the time to work on it that i thought i would, so i'm not sure.

But as i've said before, it's close to done. I just have to iron out the bugs.

btw, does forcemod have an official website? i'm curious about the full list of features for the next verison...

I don't...i just started working on the readme though, so i will have an organized list of the new elements shortly.

One thing I wish is that coudl transfer that JK grapple hook to JK2. The math behind that one was the distance between you and the hook was the radius. So the formula was (2R)Pi{3.14 ect.} and that gave you a sphere. And then the guy made it so gravity added some resistence. It was a cool hook. I wish that was in force mod.

I know this is a bit off, but is it possible to add a feature for adding additional saber colours. Its just that I've never liked tck saber's and would like to be able to add new blades of more unique designs e.g. flamesaber, silver saber or Corran Horn's white lightsaber.

1 - Dual guns: make the code fast, the animations decent, and put the restrictions in place

2 - Grapple: New physics for swinging, draw the line, bot use

3 - Jetpack: Dual Exhaust FX, more intelligent bot use

4 - AddBot Menu: Fix bugs for adding bots as mercs, fix add random bot, get listbox working

5 - Touch up all the visual FX for new additions/abilities

These are the biggest/trickiest things i'm workin on.

I don't know how long this will take; there's several dozen smaller things that aren't on this list that i expect will be easy and quick to fix. I'll create a new post with the readme in the Showcase forum when i'm within a week or two of releasing it.

Perhaps you could introduce a new weapon...the kinetic card ::GASP!:: >.>..actually, it's what I've been trying to work on...pretty much taking the shurkin..making it glow pink..and giving it splash damage..which i havent' figured out yet...

anyway..just an idear..>.>

Here's a few ideas if interested, i loved the ideas you've taken with your mod. I dont know if these would be possible but they seem like they'd be fun. heres just a few thoughts on what might be possible to do with some of the level 4 powers

grip 4 - able to pick up and throw objects at others, be able to crush certain collapsable objects as in the base of a pillar to topple it over (dunno if that'd be a map thing too or not).

Absorb 4 - able to rebound lighting support added? This would require a bit of tweaking to balance but if done right it would offer the chance for bigger grander fights in dueling or in group battles, say similar to the sniper blocking, if facing the attack incoming from a certain cone of vision itd be repelled.

most of the other powers for the mainstay look great, i love what you did with the mindtrick and seeing balances so far an most everything else looked very well done, just adding my worthless two cents to the scheme of things

:cool:

also just a tiny request, i realise this is probably mundane an most wont agree with but would it be possible to altar the lighting graphics so that it appears to be a single solid bolt of energy lanceing out on the target rather then just an area saturation thing? lemme know if any of these thoughts seem good peace.

-Jedi Syrex

Archived