Home

To Darth_Syrup(It is about ForceMod)

TheWhiteRaider

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, sorry about the delay...two weeks of finals in a row, and several large scale programming projects. As such, i haven't worked on the mod at all this month. So...instead of projecting another release date, i will update you as progress is made.

To answer a few questions/comments:

Perhaps you could introduce a new weapon...the kinetic card ::GASP!::

Umm...sorry Lord Tnuc, better save that one for an X-men mod :)

grip 4 - able to pick up and throw objects at others, be able to crush certain collapsable objects as in the base of a pillar to topple it over (dunno if that'd be a map thing too or not).

Picking up and throwing objects is possible, but more work than it's worth to me....as for collapsing structures - the q3 engine doesn't support a type of runtime map-alteration that's that powerful, and if it was possible it would be an ultra-iffy hack done in tandem with special maps made with structures composed entirely of 'glass'.

Absorb 4 - able to rebound lighting support added?...if facing the attack incoming from a certain cone of vision itd be repelled.

I won't likely alter absorb like that, but your lightsabers will have a new trick.

would it be possible to altar the lighting graphics so that it appears to be a single solid bolt of energy lanceing out on the target rather then just an area saturation thing?

Perhaps....i'd like that better as well, i'll look into it.

What about blocking lightning with Level 4 Saber Defense?

You bet...even with level 3 defense. You will also be able to block Drain.

How do [bots] use [the jetpack] differently?

Well, they won't turn it on everytime they walk down a ramp or hop off a ledge. They'll try to recover from falls and hopefully use it to help access areas they would normally jump to.

You have to have the attacker in your crosshairs, your saber must be available for blocking, and it will cost a small amount of force to block.

Level 4 saber defense costs less to block than level 3.

So lightning attacks can now be blocked by a competent opponent who can keep his attacker in his crosshairs. Lightning & Drain should be more balanced now that the wielder must catch his opponent off guard to attack.

Ah, one other request(unless you've already got it, which, judging by what you've done, I wouldn't be surprised if you have!)

Please, add admin commands and some of that motd.cfg stuff(where it displays a message when you first spawn).

That's really the only thing this mod needs to be perfect.

Can't wait for the next version, but take your time and make it good!

Enough about pithy saber-this-and-that:

Dual Pistoles - how does it work, do they get picked up as 2 weapons, or one and then the other, what stance have you used for WeaponReady and WeaponFiring - you can PM me your response, I've been working on this for AOTCTC and I'd be ever so gracious to know what route you've taken to implement this.

I've got it half implemented so far, it looks okay, I just think that it's awesome that you've done it as well.

Sorry, no changes to the RGB saber code (aside from the dual color botfix).

Admin stuff will be in there.

I'm streamlining the dualgun code to make it as fast and bugfree as possible. wudan, I'll PM you about that stuff later tonight or tomorrow.

Custom pistol skins will not be in this release. If i decided to do another release, i would add that feature then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what animation do you plan to use for the dual pistols?

Right now, it's BOTH_HANDS_TALKING or something like that (i don't have the code with me), but he holds both guns at waist level and waves them around (because he's 'talking' with his hands). I'll check out the gunsit anim - thanks for the tip.

Archived