Home

Monkey Island I Box Art -- Hidden Picture? (and other stuff)

Oh, cool. Thanks for posting that image John! The 'wrong' colour scheme posted by bgbennyboy was actually the default colour scheme from post-Workbench 2 days, and I'd never seen the MI1 icon in WB1.3 colours before. Definitely looks better!

Workbench 2 upwards also put an annoying border around all icons, while Workbench 1.3 made them totally transparent. Always seemed like a pointless step back to me, and there was no way of reverting to the old behaviour.

This combination of changes messed up quite a few pretty icons and always used to annoy me.

Actually it was the colours that Aaron himself chose on the disk (although 2.0+ upwards really messed up the icon anyways) through the .info file (if memory serves). The colours represented aren't the EXACT same four colours on the original disk, but as BGBennyBoy said; they're close enough!

Actually you two guys: Could you remove those huge pictures? It takes eons to load this thread on a 56k connection now :(

Thanks!

~ John

Yeah, the large pictures were taking ages to load for me too.

It's really interesting to see that full colour icon, though. The only version of the icon I had seen previously was a black and white one.

Also, the story is the coolest. :) Nice detective work there!

In keeping with the amiga nostalgia, note that the Amiga MI1 music was converted by game music God Chris Hülsbeck his MP3.com page is here

I strongly urge, nay command you to listen to some of his music, especially Turrican2 and Apidya.

As I know some of you are lazy and cant be bothered filling in fake signup details at mp3.com (Im looking at you Huz) you can get his extended version of the Turrican2 title theme off me `ere his Turrican2 underwater theme `ere and someone elses remix of the Turrican2 level1 theme `ere.

He appears to be doing a lot of LEC music recently including, heh, 'Ballblazer champions', Infernal Machine and Rogue Leader.

Anyway he's my official 'God of the week', bask in his glory.

[Edit]

Oh and while im here, here's a Ballblazer and Zak McKracken remix I found on VGMix.com the other day. It appears to be down atm.

Cheers BG, very thoughful for us lazy types. :)

Also, here is my 56k TIP OF THE DAY (it rhymes, dude): go to your user CP and make embedded forum images show up as links instead. Saves a lot of bandwidth (especially if you make the mistake of going to the EscapeMI.com boards where people use stupidly large images as their signatures), and you can click on the links if they interest you. Super fun! Or something.

Archived